Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New appearance

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

New appearance

The new format looks bloody awful
    How can I go back to the old forum format which was there just the day before?
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    There is a version of the old style available for the new forums but it costs money so we'll have to work out if it's worthwhile having that. Besides it basically looks exactly the same as the old forums and I think having a change is a good thing.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    If you haven't already tried it then the option down the bottom of the page to go from 'default' to 'red' is a useful interim.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    We've got plans to change the style completely - to something more like the old style! That won't be in place until tomorrow I would think.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I actually like the new appearance, just have to get used to it a bit. Looks better to me

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I like the new bit at the top of each forum where it says "not true". That's a very concise disclaimer
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    As mister Horse would put it, "No sir, i don't like it."
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I love the fact that we now have avatars. But I can only see mine in certain browsers. The forum looks different depending on what browser I open. IE, Safari and Firefox all look a bit different, I'm sure because of the settings or whatever. But that wasn't true before. The forum always looked the same, no matter what browser I was using.

I'm content to be patient. I know Mark has had to do this unexpectedly and under the gun. So let's all give him some support and a pat on the back for all that he's trying to do.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    If you haven't already tried it then the option down the bottom of the page to go from 'default' to 'red' is a useful interim.
    Are you out of your mind? : It's even worse. Red would drive me insane, and I'm an Essendon supporter.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Are you out of your mind? : It's even worse. Red would drive me insane, and I'm an Essendon supporter.
    Why do you always make references which hardly anyone on the forum will understand?

As for the style of the forum. I'd like a slightly darker background as it's a bit bright but at the end of the day it works and as an IT person I understand that "it works" is far more important than "ooooh look, it's pretty!" or "oooh it looks just like the old one"

If I killed every person who complained that their PC is different after an update or that their desktop isn't the same as it was on their old PC which is 7 years old and dying then Hitler would have competition.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.