Thread: Jeff Gordon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff Gordon

I couldn't watch the race and was wondering how #24 started 36th and ended up finishing 2nd leading the most laps?
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't watch the middle of the race, but with the 13 gallon fuel cell, alot of teams had different pit stragedies, whether taking tires or fuel. I don't know when Gordon took the lead or how he did, but I am presuming by getting it through the pits, but he was working his way up through the field before I turned off the race.

mainly because of the wrecking and boring racing cookie cutter tracks leave
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Neither 24 or 48 gained much in the pit stops. What worked in qualifing, sure didn't work in the race and vice versa (top 10 starters all failed to finish in the top 10 a 1st since the 60s). Whatever else the Hendrick teams figured out it sure worked and allowed them to run fast in the high line that not many others could.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    I didn't watch the middle of the race, but with the 13 gallon fuel cell, alot of teams had different pit stragedies, whether taking tires or fuel. I don't know when Gordon took the lead or how he did, but I am presuming by getting it through the pits, but he was working his way up through the field before I turned off the race.

mainly because of the wrecking and boring racing cookie cutter tracks leave
    Vegas is a plate race?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesi
    Neither 24 or 48 gained much in the pit stops. What worked in qualifing, sure didn't work in the race and vice versa (top 10 starters all failed to finish in the top 10 a 1st since the 60s). Whatever else the Hendrick teams figured out it sure worked and allowed them to run fast in the high line that not many others could.
    He must have gotten to the lead fairly soon to lead the most laps unless there were a million lead changes when he wasn't leading.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    Vegas is a plate race?
    no, The tire wear was so horrible, Goodyear worried that the tires would blow within 50 laps, so they dicided on a new tire and the smaller fuel cell.

they did that at charlotte last year, or 2 years ago. because of the new surfaces and not enough testing
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    That Charlotte thing was last year, it looked like the cars spent more time in the pits than on the track...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    no, The tire wear was so horrible, Goodyear worried that the tires would blow within 50 laps, so they dicided on a new tire and the smaller fuel cell.

they did that at charlotte last year, or 2 years ago. because of the new surfaces and not enough testing
    Oh ok, I really despise those 13 gallon cells. I can imagine how the drivers feel.