Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Thread: US Gun Laws

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    So, freedom of speech is the right of who holds the gun. Mmmm.

I do pity you. My Country is no shining beacon these days but I appreciate it's foibles.

You seem smug in ignorance, tricking yourself that the principles of your constitution are alive and kicking, defended by a flag, a gun and delusion.

Guns are not some sacrosanct corner of democracy. They are weapons. Tools to kill, maim, murder, destroy. I find the only thing more distasteful than the coveting of money is the love of weapons.

You might think you are preserving your freedom and democracy behind a .38 but in fact you have sold out already my friend and your rights are set in ice as the sun comes up.
    I really have no idea what you are speaking of as nothing I said is related to it.
    I can only assume your own prejudices clouded your reading ability.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    Sorry, what's "Double Down".

If you are trying to say I'm a pushover, then you may be right. I would rather be on my knees looking up at a barrel with a principle intact than staring down the barrel with an absence of originality or morality.

As I have said previously, it takes a coward to bring a gun into an argument but a man to refuse. I guess you will never understand that and that leaves me with a rather perverse sense of smugness.
    Only a fool goes into an armed conflict unarmed, which I guess you will never understand which makes you look rather perversely ignorant.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Allow me to pre-empt the response I should think is coming your way from a certain quarter by stating that your rhetoric is vacuous and obtuse, and that you are a legend only in your own mind. There, that's got that one out of the way.

Needless to say, I agree very much with the points you make, and would consider being the subject of the ire of certain other contributors to be a badge of honour.
    Then your reading ability is as faulty as you say marka's writing skill is.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Laszlo
    Switzerland did have a sizeable army, but to say they were "aimed to the max" is a lie. During the first war, the Swiss never posed a real threat to either parties involved and wasn't attacked because it never sided with anyone.

During the WWII, the Third Reich was all over Switzerland, again they are spared from major battles because they were effectively owned by both sides, having no real industry and counting only on their financial system to bail them out of problems. Even that wasn't enough, in that the Swiss suffered attacks (direct or otherwise) from both the US and Germany.

Not true. More intercontinental wars have been fought in the past 50 years than ever before.
    Do you have any facts to back this up or are you just changing history to make the Swiss look foolish because they are well armed and have a defense system few would want to challenge.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Just coming back to this thread to see how it is evolving and to be honest I think most people here have lost the ability to debate and some of the nastiness is unnecessary.

I'll quote something I said a few pages ago which sums up the difference we see on views in this thread:

Nobody has changed their opinion, I know I haven't and am not likely to. This thread could reach a hundred pages and I think nothing would change. The fact insults are becoming the only form of response shows people are running out of intelligent responses, and its run its course.

Do everyone a favour and close the thread Mark...
    WHY?
    Because Dunnell is back with his posts that attack posters but exceedingly rarely address the topic?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think theres a few people on here doing abit of that on both sides so no not just because of BDunnell. You've just put yourself in that catagory even if you didn't realise it by having a dig at him yourself which kind of proves my point.

The thread has run its course. I'm happy I live in a society where I don't need a gun for protection and you live in a socirty where you are happy to have a gun for protection. Great, everyones a winner.
    Yes and no.
    I was addressing your statement which was a shotgun dig at posters.

You are correct little will change, but the atmosphere is actually quite civil as those questioning the U.S. gun laws have little to nothing to question its validity, although I stil am amazed how anyone can thing that legally owned firearms are a problem, whilst totally ignoring the fact criminals laugh at laws that are supposed to disarms them.