Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: US Gun Laws

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    No where criminals get them is not a point worth speaking of when we are speaking of legal regulation, therefore it is a silent point.
    I think someone is confused

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&expId...f6c4cbd0bbfd1c
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but in this case the spelling is indeed 'moot'.
    Are you sure?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but in this case the spelling is indeed 'moot'.
    Moot means impractical.

Laws to govern illegal weapons are not impractical, they are foolish. Such a point should be muted, silenced, because at best it is foolish, or at worse is a farce to fool the populace.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    . The second Amendment exists to arm citizens to protect them against the government taking away their Constitutional rights.
    No better example can be found than the American Revolution. It was not a real revolution but a reactionary response to Great Britain's actions, when Great Britain decided to more strenously in impose more control and take away rights that the famrmers and others believed worthy of protection to the point gving their lives in defense.

In the absence of those guns, there would have been no independance. The continued presence of those weapons continues to provide a concrete assurance to people like me, that mere words and empty promises of "freedom" from some government official will never have.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Moot means impractical.

Laws to govern illegal weapons are not impractical, they are foolish. Such a point should be muted, silenced, because at best it is foolish, or at worse is a farce to fool the populace.
    You really should go back to school. It's nothing to do with impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    You really should go back to school. It's nothing to do with impractical.
    and your post has nothing to do with the topic. We, and even you, knew exactly what he meant.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    They work in Australia. Illegal weapons where discovered are confiscated by the police, and the people who were in possession of them are charged.
    In NSW the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998, covers this quite effectively.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    and your post has nothing to do with the topic. We, and even you, knew exactly what he meant.
    If he wants to be taken seriously though, he should try to talk some sense and try and spell properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    If he wants to be taken seriously though, he should try to talk some sense and try and spell properly.
    form over substance is always more important, no doubt in academic debates in the opinion of many, but I think he has talked sense that many others should see easy enough, but no, I guess not

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    form over substance is always more important, no doubt in academic debates in the opinion of many, but I think he has talked sense that many others should see easy enough, but no, I guess not
    With all due respect, the content of his posts is drivel.

You can't use words with a completely different meaning to the intended message and expect people to understand let alone take you seriously.....