Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    That seeding was quite interesting on the Gauteng rally last year to, but oh well, further back, the cleaner the road., however there is a worry of repairs that have been done becoming loose and causing ruts.

As for strategy that is going to depend on a few factors , but i can imagine you wont see to many fireworks on day 1 , the real rally happens on saturday, and as you said road position is going to be key... at this stage im glad were not part of that game.

2 years ago we found ourselves 7th overall after day 1 in an A6, in the days where the top 6 selected starting positions, would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we had been 6th and they were faced with putting a little 2 wheel drive first on the road :-D

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Yeah but the roads in general should be able to withstand the rally quite well.

Well strategy is what I was thinking. I mean Poulter may have a great road position for day 1 but does he really want to go for it then when 80% of the distance is on day 2? Gonna be really interesting. The flip side of that is that it'll be better to be first on the road if the weather is wet, but there that is not a known factor. It was meant to rain in Toti the whole weekend and we got a slight drizzle on Saturday night and last night.

This is also where I think VW has the luxury of 4 cars. They can tell Giniel and Fekken to go for it on day 1 and Enzo and Habig to play the waiting game, then on day 2 see how it plays out.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Grant, I've seen a provisional start list and it has you down as 16th on the road. The most interesting one is the guy seeded in 15th - Leeroy Poulter. I wonder who he bribed to get that slot? Given that he dominated the regional event run on almost the same roads in November I think he could do really well from there.

What's your take on strategy for this one? My father says Invernettie (SS2&4) is very slippery at the moment and most of the stuff on day 2 is also very slippery so running order is going to be critical. Will you guys just go for it on day 1 and use the good running position to boost yourselves or do you think people will hang back? Personally I can see a few people stopping during the Arbour Crossing stage to lose time and road positions for day 2.
    First 15 cars can make road full of holes..

Our KZN roads are more robust than most Barreis...

Surprised Promotor didn't post this here but here are the new Peugeots http://www.promotor.co.za/x/rally/na...8ProMotorSA%29

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    So 17 S2000s(among them two Pugs for the first time on african soil) on this week-end's Total Tour Rally :

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

2 days to go...

Bruce you seem more excited than me :-)

I predict a stressful weekend ahead. Speak to you all on monday with a report :-D i fly out in the morning.

It's been 3 years since I last saw you guys in action so I'm very keen to see it. Got lots of friends coming to see it as well so it's gonna be a great time. Only problem I can see is that the stages are quite close to each other so if you want to keep following the front guys you have to move around quickly.

mmmm , well the front guys is now a relative term, you may not consider car 17 on the road "the front guys" but there is still a chance hahahahah , id say watch 1 , skip 1, there are repeats, so you will see all stages.