Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Things you say to telemarketers?

I don't if you guys have telemarketers ?? We unfortunately do have them and they usually sell magazines or news papers via phone. This incident happened to me few weeks ago but I might as well share it with you.

This lady called me and offered me a newspaper. I said no thank you because I can't read. The lady started laughing so I thanked her again and said that this wasn't awkward enough This was the first time a telemarketer hanged up the call
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I've told someone who was trying to flog me their religion on the doorstep that I was a non practising atheist. That earned me a wry chuckle and the chap left.

I am still waiting to use the line;

'I am really interested in your product/service but I can't talk now. Give me your home number and I'll give you a call between 8 and 9pm. What's that you say? You don't want to be bothered at home. Fancy that!'
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have them and they usually offer courses in language schools or cheap holidays. I always reject them in a polite manner. Remember, they probably don't do that job because it's their career goal. At least in this country they usually call during business hours.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "I don't know how to read." - A.F.F.

Dude, that really made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    We have them and they usually offer courses in language schools or cheap holidays. I always reject them in a polite manner. Remember, they probably don't do that job because it's their career goal. At least in this country they usually call during business hours.
    Precisely. I've worked in customer service before and it's a nightmare. I know where they are coming from, so I'm not going to scream into the phone like a moron because they need to make a living.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 580 Times in 212 Posts
    I occasionally get calls to my home phone asking me to invest in the US stock market which is about to really take off any day.

I don't really get it because ever since I got a mobile 9 years ago I don't give out my home number

That and I don't have any money at all to invest...
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I know where they are coming from, so I'm not going to scream into the phone like a moron because they need to make a living.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most of the time I politely refuse twice and then just hang up if they're persistent. No point in wasting my time or theirs. I do like sonic's line though, might try and remember that!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    As for the "they're just trying to make a living" well if nobody took these jobs then there would be nobody to hassle us all! So it's their own fault.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I normally tell them to #%&@ off and stop wasting my time. In those exact words.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    You tell them to hash percent ampersand at off?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums