Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Btcc Tv 2007

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    I don't expect he had a lot of choice.

Yeah I suppose 'Planet's funniest animals' must take priority for ITV.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nik

Oooh, whens that on, must watch it!
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester
    But taking a step back, surely the BTCC is still the biggest domestic racing series in the world and still gets way more tv coverage than you might expect?
    Even the Beeb only had a few live each year in the super tourer days.
    As I recall, all involved (except Steve Rider, who always wanted it) were unenthusiastic about live coverage until they finally went for it in 1997.

At least the highlights coverage then was on at a decent time, and as part of the BBC's then flagship sports programme, even though it was subject to the vagaries of other things over-running.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    Essentially he thinks more motorsport is heading for digital and the terrestrial analogue channels will begin to lose their coverage.
    as the analogue signal will be switched off completely by 2012 and the terrestrial channels will have migrated to digital that statement doesn't actually mean much.

freeview boxes can be picked up for less than £25(the cost of a single btcc race day ticket). unfortunately when professional sports deal with the media they don't always go where the highest audience figure is when accepting bids unless pressured by sponsors. be interesting to see what setanta's viewing figures are like compared to motors tv(assuming they release the figures)
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester
    Anyone who can't afford to get to the track or pay for digital is stuck.
    Who can't afford £30?

Can they please delay the ITV3 show for 10 minutes so I don't miss the start, otherwise I will risk smashing my car into a tree as I try to get home from work in time :\
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Who can't afford £30?

:\

Not always that simple. Digital in my area isn't brilliant so I would also have to buy a new arial which will cost me a further £100+ depending on the size.

I think it is a shame that the coverage is worse this year, just as we get a really good grid number!
    Cleland is a legend. :cool:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nik

I stand corrected, they're showing 'What ever happened to Gareth Gates' instead of live sport. I don't think i'd be able to work out how to record off digital by Sunday, so since 1997 I won't have good coverage of a BTCC meeting. 25 minutes of 3 races is rubbish. So thank you ITV - what a load of old crap.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    To record off digital, set your VCR to AV1/2/3 dependent on which on your Freeview box is assigned to. You can do this via trial and error.

Then setup the video to record, leaving your digital box assigned to ITV3.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've done that in the past to record football on ITV4 but only trouble is if you have a bad quality scart lead the picture is often bad.

Alternitivley you get a freeview hard drive recorder but unfortunatley I won't have mine till round 4,5 and 6.
    RIP Colin McRae

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Who can't afford £30?

Can they please delay the ITV3 show for 10 minutes so I don't miss the start, otherwise I will risk smashing my car into a tree as I try to get home from work in time :\
    May I suggest you drive carefully and instead try ITV3+1, which shows ITV3 programmes on a one hour delay...