Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    What if 1 out of those 2 times RB didn't want to get the new equipment?
    What! You can't possibly be serious, that's an outrageous statement even comming from you. About what Rubens have said or not, you didn't believe Fontana when he said he was ordered by Todt to hold Villeneuve up, why do you choose to believe Rubens?

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VresiBerba
    And we idiots of course dreamt about Austria 2002
    That was to secure a WDC. Not contractual #1 driver status, but attempting to secure the WDC as soon as possible. But I dont expect you to be able to differentiate between the two

P.S. Mclaren did it in OZ with far less outcry than the Ferrari incident. Coincidence or a fact that there is an anti-Ferrari sentiment out there
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    That was to secure a WDC. Not contractual #1 driver status, but attempting to secure the WDC as soon as possible. But I dont expect you to be able to differentiate between the two
    You're damn right I'm not. What's #1 status for if not to secure WDC? Are you for real

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No one said it's a bad thing, just that he earned it with his driving not on the contract.

I've had enough arguing with people who seem to not read and understand (or do not want to) my posts, but only reply because of their opposite beliefs.
    Actually your biggest point is that MS never had such a clause in his contract. And this is something you just cannot know. You know this and I know this.

No one has said that he didnt earn his position with his driving. That doesnt mean he didnt have that on his contract. No one is arguing against MS being the most successful driver in F1 history (probably for all times), hes certainly earned his merits.

But you are again confusing beliefs and facts. You dont know MS did not have that kind of clause in his contract. We know for a fact that for years Ferrari acted like he had that clause. And as long you actually see the contract, you have to judge by what you see. If it looks like an apple and tastes like an apple, it has to be an apple, right? Even if Ross says its really not.

You're damn right I'm not. What's #1 status for if not to secure WDC? Are you for real
    Like I said, I dont expect you to be able to differentiate between #1 status on contract and a driver trying to securing a WDC when the other is out of the running. Your mind is made up, get on with your life
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    What! You can't possibly be serious, that's an outrageous statement even comming from you. About what Rubens have said or not, you didn't believe Fontana when he said he was ordered by Todt to hold Villeneuve up, why do you choose to believe Rubens?
    You might want to put things into a context and analyze them before posting.
    What had Rubens, a Honda man, to win from stating he had no no.2 clause in his contract? In fact it meant that he acknowledged that he was inferior to MS because he couldn't best him in equal equipment and conditions!

Now think about what Fontana had to gain from contributing to global heating with his comments? Lot's of media coverage and all that comes from that. Plus his claims were rubbished by Peter Sauber (the one who could have ordered him something, unlike Todt).
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeidzei
    Actually your biggest point is that MS never had such a clause in his contract. And this is something you just cannot know. You know this and I know this.
    I gave you a quote from one of the highest placed Ferrari team members, the 2nd after Jean Todt, who said he didn't know about that being written in MS's contract, still you say it's only what I believe. Not that you came with any kind of proof, the smallest possible (beside calling them all liars).

So once again, read what I post before answering my posts.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Like I said, I dont expect you to be able to differentiate between #1 status on contract and a driver trying to securing a WDC when the other is out of the running.
    But Rubens wasn't "out of the running" in Austria 2002 (6th race out of 17). And I say it again; no, I most certainly can not differentiate between #1 status and securing WDC for a specific driver, because there simply is none. Fact, end of story.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I gave you a quote from one of the highest placed Ferrari team members, the 2nd after Jean Todt, who said he didn't know about that being written in MS's contract, still you say it's only what I believe. Not that you came with any kind of proof, the smallest possible (beside calling them all liars).
    You didn't provide any "proof" either, because even if Brawn 'was not aware of' doesn't prove it wasn't so. Ioan, why are you so eager to prove that Shumi was not #1, a futile mission I'd say, haven't we all gone through this a dozen times already?

But Rubens wasn't "out of the running" in Austria 2002 (6th race out of 17).
    You're right, he was going to destroy Schumi that year with a superb come from behind performance

Bye bye Mr VresiBerba