Page 91 of 492 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I seriously doubt that Chelsea played for a penalty shoot-out, given the record of the Germans in shootouts.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I seriously doubt that Chelsea played for a penalty shoot-out, given the record of the Germans in shootouts.
    They barely had any serious chances in the game so they must have been. And there is no such thing as a record in penalty shootouts, each new shootout is a fresh start.

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    No more anti-football please

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Boring crap. Chelsea, Drogba, Terry, Lampard can you now leave us all and buzz off finally..(and not to Barca as has been rumoured!!!)

worst piece of football finishing for 83 mins and poor penalties from Bayern (Robben!)..this was like watching Barca fail to beat Chelsea in London all over again and then again missing that penalty in leg 2. :\
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    JESUS! Why is defending anti-football?
    Who said defending is anti-football? Do you even read what others say? Defence in itself is not anti-football, but basing your whole game on having most of your players in your penalty box is not the way football is supposed to be played.

By saying anti-football you are suggesting that it isn't football.
    No, but I am suggesting that the style of football shown by Chelsea is to football what rabies are to a dog.

It is part of the game! Anti-football in my opinion would be over-physical play that results in lots of cynical fouls, such as the style of the Netherlands against Spain in the 2010 World Cup.
    That is a far better style than the boring crap Chelsea subjected us to.

And defending is difficult to master.
    Having 10 players in your penalty box and defending like that is far easier than attacking with creativity like Barca does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    The goal of football is to win, not to not-lose. Chelsea plays anti-football because they never intended to win, they never seemed to be able to win and in the end didn't win as it was 1-1 after 120 minutes.
    Give the man a prize, 100% what I think.
    Well, they didn't exactly play for win either, or maybe Bayern was just so much more creative and better.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Who said defending is anti-football? Do you even read what others say? Defence in itself is not anti-football, but basing your whole game on having most of your players in your penalty box is not the way football is supposed to be played.
    Not the way football is supposed to played according to who? Contrasting styles of play is what makes sport interesting.

You play football to your own strengths and to win, not to imitate Barcelona. Chelsea won this years UCL, so they obviously got their tactics correct.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Ok I am honest now and say that I am happy about Chelsea because of Di Matteo not because the way they've played. Having said that...with the current squad, that was the only way to play in order to win the Cup, so well done to them ! For sure if Roberto stays as coach (as he deserves) I hope he will sign a couple of players that can change their playing style...I would go for Del Piero :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Chelski didnt win the CL, Bayern lost it.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Abramovich must have been delighted by the way Chelski won. Seeing them playing like that must have brought him to the conclusion it was worthwhile spending all those hundred millions.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I hope he will sign a couple of players that can change their playing style...I would go for Del Piero :
    No offence - I'm not a fan of italian football and I don't follow the news - but is this guy still playing? Isn't he too old? I know him from ages....