Page 393 of 492 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4917
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    I know. I admit I should have been born in the Middle Ages.
    But I`m stuck on the times when football was more of a game than a business.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    So easy to play well and win most of the times, when you have so much money, so you can afford players like Messi, Neymar, and Haanibal-Suarez as strikers, right Storm ? Even much easier to support such a Club...
    I was agreeing with you and now you go and spoil it
    Messi was not bought, they have a philosophy and try to use as many academy players as possible...They had to go and buy big players to compete with what Madrid kept doing all the time...

It is easy to support a club which wins a lot and plays well and has many fans (But then isn't Juventus one of those clubs in the Italian context too? ). In my case I liked the way they played and the whole identity of that club just clicked for me. Also I became a fan when they had won only 1 European cup and well before their golden period from 2005 onwards, infact they were being bullied by Madrid at that time in the league and Europe.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They had to go and buy big players to compete with what Madrid kept doing all the time...

...... infact they were being bullied by Madrid at that time in the league and Europe.
    I thought it was the opposite. They always bought the biggest names. Cruyff, Maradona......
    I remember the match Belgium - Argentina in WC 1982 when someone said that the money spent on Maradona could have bought the entire Standard Liege for Barcelona.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    I know. I admit I should have been born in the Middle Ages.
    But I`m stuck on the times when football was more of a game than a business.
    I too wish that, football was just a game. Now, most Club are owned by rich Arabs, Russian, American (and now also Asian) rich businessman. Isn't a game anymore ! And yes Juventus is owned by Agnelli Family, but they never put so much money in the Club. That's why in the past, we sold players like Zidane, Henry, Vieri, and next will be Pogba.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

5. Likes: gadjo_dilo (23rd April 2015)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    You and many others in here, needs to update yourself, about Serie A. You guys are years and years behind
    I did update about serie A. Unfortunately it's a downgrade

7. Likes: donKey jote (23rd April 2015)
    And Madrid did not buy big players then?At least in the post Cryuff (coach) era, Barca have had a strong academy with emphasis on home grown players. But to compete you need to buy of course.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I did update about serie A. Unfortunately it's a downgrade
    Dortmund-Juventus 0-3

Call that a downgrade??? Hahaha !
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

I too wish that, football was just a game. Now, most Club are owned by rich Arabs, Russian, American (and now also Asian) rich businessman. Isn't a game anymore ! And yes Juventus is owned by Agnelli Family, but they never put so much money in the Club. That's why in the past, we sold players like Zidane, Henry, Vieri, and next will be Pogba.
    at least you'll make a huge profit on Pogba. Can buy a few others based on the CL money too.

And yes Juventus is owned by Agnelli Family, but they never put so much money in the Club..
    I remember being a kid and reading an auto almanach ( I know, I was sad since I was a kid ) and an article was "A universe called Juventus" , about the old lady being the team of Fiat and about its many fans. The weirddo I still am always makes this association. I mean whenever you say Juventus I say A universe called Juventus -Fiat and have a flashback of the tifosi pictures in the almanach.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Dortmund-Juventus 0-3

Call that a downgrade??? Hahaha !
    Dortmund, currently in top form in ninth place, almost 40 points behind Bayern
    United in diversity !!!