Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

RBR Mod Free Championship Round 2-Sweden

Temperatures can drop below -25 degrees Celsius on this event but the special challenge of the frozen roads makes it one of the most popular among drivers. Despite the ice and snow-covered stages, speeds are still frighteningly quick thanks to metal studded tyres which bite through the soft surface into the hard-packed ground below.

The event also features snow banks which drivers use as soft barriers on which to 'lean' their cars around corners. There are plenty of hazards, though. Hit a snow bank at the wrong speed and it can bite back, filling radiators with snow or sucking the car in completely. If this happens, the driver and co-driver reach for the shovels they are required to carry on board.

As with the fast gravel roads of neighbouring Finland, local talent prevails here, and the winners' list looks like a Scandinavian phone book. To succeed in Sweden, you need a sublime combination of commitment, fingertip feel and lightning reactions.

Sweden Rally Info
    -----------------------------
    16-23 November 2010
    RBR Mod Free Championship-Round 2

Rules
    -----
    Tyre choice is free for all stages
    Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
    REDUCED Damage Setting
    Gears-neutral lock and gear protection allowed
    NO pacecar ghosts (see options menu) are allowed

Stages
    ------
    Day 1
    SS1 - Autiovaara (Finland) - Good Weather- 6.1km
    SS2 - Kaihuavaara (Finland) - Good Weather - 6.1km
    SS3 - Mustaselka (Finland) -Good Weather- 7.9km
    SS4 - Sikakama (Finland) - Good Weather- 10.2km

Day 2
    SS5 - Kaihuavaara II (Finland) - Good Weather - 6.1km
    SS6 - Mustaselka II (Finland) - Good Weather - 7.7km
    SS7 - Autiovaara (Finland) - Bad Weather - 6.1km
    SS8 - Sikakama (Finland)-Bad Weather-10.2km

Day 3
    SS9-Kaihuavaara (Finland)-Bad Weather- 6.1km
    SS10-Mustaselka (Finland)-Bad Weather- 7.9km
    SS11-Kaihuavaara II (Finland)-Bad Weather- 6.1km
    SS12-Mustaselka II (Finland)- Bad Weather-7.7km

Total Distance - 88.2 km

Submitting times
    ----------------
    Please submit times by PM to Tannat by midnight, Monday November 22.

Videos and screenshots welcomed and encouraged...

Cheers, and good luck!

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Championship Standings

Driver's Championship

1-PS29-------------10 (1 win)
    2-NeverKnow--------8
    3-Tannat------------6
    4-Neil J--------------5
    5-Frozzy-------------4

Manufacturer's Championship

1-Peugeot----------10
    2-Mitsubishi----------8
    3-Citroen------------6
    4-Subaru------------5
    5-Hyundai-----------4
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice description for the rally tannat hopefully i can have a better rally i like driving on the snow better than tarmac in RBR so i have to get in some practice just to make sure im not being too cocky in my chances
    Not changing signature until J-M Latvala wins his first WRC Championship 6 Rallies Won so Far !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozzy
    nice description for the rally tannat hopefully i can have a better rally i like driving on the snow better than tarmac in RBR so i have to get in some practice just to make sure im not being too cocky in my chances

Great to have you back, Frozzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Tannant.

I`d best get crackin`

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good to have you back, Neil J

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I'm here too. I will get times to you on time for once - most of it will be done tonight, then finish on Monday after a weekend off home.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    I'm here too. I will get times to you on time for once - most of it will be done tonight, then finish on Monday after a weekend off home.
    Knew yuo would make it, PS29. Cheers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NeverKnow has also committed to competing-so we have 5 participants...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have finished my rally. My aim was learn the car little bit more and try to reach the finish. I managed that but I had few incidents along the way.

Day one went without major troubles, only few small driving mistakes. SS5 on second day went well but on SS6 I managed to get one corner terribly wrong and nearly finishing my rally prematurely.

Everything went well until about 6,5k into the stage when I went little too fast into a corner. I hit the snowbank quite hard and it just flipped the car over. I also managed to hit a tree when the car was rolling. The car ended on the side in the forest but in the hope I could somehow continue, I called for little help from the spectators. It took some time and I got back on the road but I had broken suspension and heavily damaged bodywork. Most importantly I managed to finish the stage because we don't have Superrally on this event.

On the next stage I tried to keep my focus because the conditions were a lot slippery. I managed to spun early into the stage. The rest of the rally went incident free mostly but like on the first day, I managed to do occasionaly few driving mistakes.

Some multimedia from my rally:
    Picture gallery and onboard from SS4.
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>