Page 12 of 164 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    It will be the good tempo to promote new coupé "Eos" ..... why not???
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    A source on Britishrally forum says it will deffo be a Polo and its 90% certain that the drivers will be Petter Solberg and Nasser al-attiyah

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    What about Juho? My guess is Nasser as a 3rd driver, like Khalid?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Should have said Nasser will step up to management in 2013. which im guessing would make space for Juho

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WRC 2012
    Red Bull VW-Polo: P Solberg / Al Attiyah
    Ford Abu Dhabi-Fiesta: Latvalla/Hirvonen
    Mini-John CooperWorks: Meeke/Sordo
    Total Citroen-DS3: Ogier / ?

We can expect Loeb to retire, so who will fill the second DS3? Hanninen is the only real rising star in WRC, winning on tarmac and gravel. Ostberg can be the second best, but lacks consistency of being real fast on all terrains at the moment. Hanninen would be perfect for Citroen, but VW group would not be that stupid to let Juha fly away to Citroen.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    WRC 2012

We can expect Loeb to retire, so who will fill the second DS3? Hanninen is the only real rising star in WRC, winning on tarmac and gravel. Ostberg can be the second best, but lacks consistency of being real fast on all terrains at the moment. Hanninen would be perfect for Citroen, but VW group would not be that stupid to let Juha fly away to Citroen.
    hanninen winning in village and b-class championships on tarmac and gravel...there is a difference. He is fast and it would be nice to have him in the wrc because he can develop but currently i think he is slower than Hirvonen.

Juho would be faster than Nasser but? Petter needs to win some rallies before I think it would be a good business idea for VW to get Solberg. That said, I'd love Solberg to be there in 2012

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    WRC 2012

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    hanninen winning in village and b-class championships on tarmac and gravel...there is a difference. He is fast and it would be nice to have him in the wrc because he can develop but currently i think he is slower than Hirvonen.
    I agree with NOT that Hanninen isn't ready to be a main Citroen driver yet. I think Loeb may do one more year to be honest, especially if he doesn't win the title, and by then a 'New Ogier' may be found. Just thinking out loud, maybe Novikov is an option if he adds consistency? Or Juho to VW and Petter to the main Citroen team for a year? Or maybe Sordo back to Citroen and Hanninen to Mini? Whatever happens, 2012 should be interesting and may be the start of a new revolution in the WRC if it all goes well. 4 teams - two of them proven to be competitive, one an old classic and the other with a massive budget and reputation.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    It's very hard to judge speed of drivers which are not fighting against each other. Hänninen and Hirvonen fought once in similar cars but on different tyres, Hirvonen won. Hänninen and Solberg fought once on same tyres and Hänninen won. Solberg and Hirvonen fights regularly. There are too many factors and one of them is that regular competitors know particular events very well. That's one of the reasons why coming into WRC is very difficult and usually takes few seasons.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

PS29.. There are so many combinations! Should be an awesome year hopefully