Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UN

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    International law has the value of used toilet paper.
    I presume you are in favour of the continuation of the death penalty for certain crimes, and would consider yourself a law-abiding individual?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glauistean
    What do you see wrong with the UN? Sincere question.
    The UN has no teeth at all. It costs the US multi- millions to belong. They have the same rhetoric every year. No one complies with any mandate they don't like. There in no way we are interested in International law unless it fits with our agenda. Same with most of the world. The great Boma wanted to use the international gun laws to control the use here. What a joke.

We can have a annual meeting somewhere and spend millions and millions less.

We need to cut ALL of our frivolous spending immediately and this would be an excellent place to start. Matter of fact as lame as this organization is they should just use "go to meeting.com"
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I presume you are in favour of the continuation of the death penalty for certain crimes, and would consider yourself a law-abiding individual?
    Yes.
    I obey laws in the manner I see fit.
    What is your point?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Holy Sh!t BD if it were up to my anyone guilty of 1 - 3 murder would be offed in 60 days and that applies to
    1. sex offenders
    2. armed robbery
    3. 3 violent crimes
    4. 1st degree rape

that is just off the top of my head.
    We don't need these people in our society and we sure as hell don't need to pay for their keep. OK BD you want to be humane I will outsource them to Somalia
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A question for all the UN defenders.

Name me one thing the UN has done in the last 30 years that could be considered effective and successful?

Just one.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Everybody does, including the worst criminals. Law obeying citizens obey laws also in the manner the law makers see fit.

Laws are one of the only black and white things in the world. You either obey them or you don't. You don't just kind of obey them or obey only the parts you agree with. You aren't for example excused for murdering only one person just because you didn't kill many people or all people.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Everybody does, including the worst criminals. Law obeying citizens obey laws also in the manner the law makers see fit.

Laws are one of the only black and white things in the world. You either obey them or you don't. You don't just kind of obey them or obey only the parts you agree with. You aren't for example excused for murdering only one person just because you didn't kill many people or all people.
    Ya, the racists in the segregated South played people like you like a piano.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes.
    What is your point?
    What do you do if you don't happen to agree with a particular law?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Yes.
    What is your point?
    How can you be truly law-abiding if you only obey laws in the manner you see fit? And would you wish others to act in this way?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How can you be truly law-abiding if you only obey laws in the manner you see fit? And would you wish others to act in this way?
    Most definitely.

A society without personal discrimination is a society that consists of either soul-less morons or liars.