Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Questions about Bowyer's winning car

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...bowyerinspecti

Although the No. 33 Chevrolet passed its initial inspection at the track, NASCAR discovered issues with the rear measurements on the car during a more thorough examination at its research and development center, according to two people familiar with the inspection process. They requested anonymity because the inspection was ongoing.
    What's going on I wonder? There were supposedly some questions after Richmond, too.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Per Jayski:
    UPDATE:
    NASCAR has issued penalties, suspensions and fines as a result of rules infractions discovered this week during post-race inspection at the NASCAR Research and Development Center following last Sunday's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The #33 team was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3 (car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications) of the 2010 NASCAR Rule Book. As a result, crew chief Shane Wilson has been fined $150,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car chief Chad Haney has also been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Driver Clint Bowyer and owner Richard Childress have been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver and owner points, respectively. (NASCAR), the penalty drops Bowyer from 2nd in the driver point standings to 12th.(9-22-2010)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Aint that a kick in the teeth? Bowyer I am sure knew nothing of it. It makes you wonder how minor was this violation if they couldn't find it at the track? I mean, these are race cars, not swiss watches so I know there is some tolerance for imperfections and the like.

That said, there is no room for messing with the rules. Childress has some splaining to do....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Especially if they were essentially warned the week before.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Aint that a kick in the teeth? Bowyer I am sure knew nothing of it. It makes you wonder how minor was this violation if they couldn't find it at the track? I mean, these are race cars, not swiss watches so I know there is some tolerance for imperfections and the like.

That said, there is no room for messing with the rules. Childress has some splaining to do....
    I didn't bring it up, but I felt there was something up with Bowyer's car too.. he just got up to the front so much easier than everyone else. Not saying that makes the car automatically "illegal", but for his team to dominate like it did on Sun was surprising. I was kind of hoping Stewart would get the gas mileage because it looked like something was up with the 33.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Clint Bowyer's NASCAR championship chances were crippled Wednesday when his car failed a follow-up inspection and he was penalized 150 points after winning last weekend's first race of the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

NASCAR also fined crew chief Shane Wilson $150,000, and suspended him for the next six Sprint Cup races. Car chief Chad Haney was also suspended six races, and team owner Richard Childress was docked 150 owner points. The team plans to appeal the penalty.

Bowyer was permitted to keep Sunday's victory at New Hampshire — NASCAR does not typically strip wins and an official said the Richard Childress Racing team probably was punished enoug

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool RCR's response

"First of all, I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, our fans and everyone at RCR for the situation that has resulted from this ruling. RCR has a long-standing reputation of integrity on and off the race track. We pride ourselves on working within the rules established by the sanctioning body. NASCAR informed us after the Richmond race that we were very close to their maximum tolerances. They also told us they were going to take our New Hampshire car to the NASCAR Technical Center after that race. It doesn't make any sense at all that we would send a car to New Hampshire that wasn't within NASCAR's tolerances. I am confident we fixed the area of concern and the New Hampshire car left the race shop well within the tolerances required by NASCAR. We feel certain that the cause of the car being out of tolerance by sixty thousandths of an inch, less than 1/16 of an inch, happened as a result of the wrecker hitting the rear bumper when it pushed the car into winner's circle. The rear bumper was also hit on the cool down lap by other drivers congratulating Clint on his victory. That's the only logical way that the left-rear of the car was found to be high at the tech center. We will appeal NASCAR's ruling and take it all the way to the NASCAR commissioner for a final ruling, if need be."(RCR)(9-22-2010)
    I figured it hadda be something like this. But Nascar holds all the cards so the appeal is pointless....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    I figured it hadda be something like this. But Nascar holds all the cards so the appeal is pointless....
    Yep. You'd have to have a serious grudge against yourself and your team to mess with something after you've been warned. Even if it seems pointless, I hope RC appeals.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Johnsons has done that so many times before, and they have been slammed.

I guess Nascar is just playing favorites again on this BS crap, gotta make sure Hamlin, Busch, or Johnson win the title

and just remember Bowyers car PASSED post race inspection, the 11 and 48 both FAILED post race inspection, why the allowance of re-inspecting, and the 11 and 48 got no penalty. Nascar once again loses more credibility in my books
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)