Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Some of you may have read newspaper articles (many in google) about the state of things in the village and the sight and smell of excrement everywhere. Just as a matter of interest, the Delhi Chief Minister is Shelia tihskiD. I have spelt her surname backwards so that the auto censor does not blank it out. For those who want a link provided, here it is: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225928731775

For those who are in doubt about the seriousness of the issues here, just remember the footbridge that collapsed three days ago while the concrete was being poured, had the structure not collapsed, the concrete would not have achieved its 28 day strength by the opening ceremony, and would have collapsed under the load of the crowd using it.

I also want to point out that when I went to Korea to take part in the Asian Games back in 1984, I arrived 2 weeks early to train, and we were put up in quarters the standard of a 4 star luxury hotel. So not all of Asia is filthy like India.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    The guy in charge is also the MP from my city. Clustermess indeed.
    Nobody here is happy about what is going on but unfortunately this type of mess is sort of "expected" when it comes to sport and government (read politicians) in our country.

edit: VB, neither is all of India as filthy as it is being made out to be. Attitudes need to change in our country for work to happen on time and this will not happen in a day (or any time soon for that matter - very sad but people who want change and do something about it are in the minority)
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    The guy in charge is also the MP from my city. Clustermess indeed.
    Nobody here is happy about what is going on but unfortunately this type of mess is sort of "expected" when it comes to sport and government (read politicians) in our country.

edit: VB, neither is all of India as filthy as it is being made out to be. Attitudes need to change in our country for work to happen on time and this will not happen in a day (or any time soon for that matter - very sad but people who want change and do something about it are in the minority)
    My company had a highway project going in Northern India, and during pavement construction, the guys would arrive on site each morning to find clumps of excrement on the newly constructed layer of pavement.

I think this is all due to poor potty training.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Excuse to laugh at foreign names ahead:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=627167268

Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Excuse to laugh at foreign names ahead:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=627167268

I did post it on my post, but spelt backwards so that the auto censor wouldn't blank it.

But I am more worried by the health situation because it has been reported that there were puddles under the buildings with plenty of Mosquitoes about. There is a Dengue issue here and athletes could suffer permanent injury from dengue fever.
    It is also interesting that Kieren Perkens, who has something to do with the Australian media ( I think) tried to excuse /water down the situation in Delhi saying that these problems had come up in other games that he went to in Asia.
    Well, I worked as well as competed in Korea; I worked in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, PNG, Thailand, Hong Kong among other places, and I have never seen filth as shown in the reports and photos from the games village.
    I did have a Goldfish pond at my house in KL, and the inspector came around within days of my moving in and told me to get some goldfish for the pond as there were mosquitoe larvae in the pond and he would fine me if I did not have them the next day.

I just have never known of workmen to defecate on any work site in Asia where I worked.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

I just have never known of workmen to defecate on any work site in Asia where I worked.
    You should visit Essex
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u