Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think superally is a fair option. If we'd put DNF/DNS for the rest of the stages, then it wouldn't be possible for ps29 to run SS4. Just my take on the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    2) Happy birthday NeverKnow! =D
    Thanks mate!
    <Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes>

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD
    A super rally penalty Is the most fair option! Sorry ps29!
    Don't worry - I agree.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I finished my rally. I decided to drive the VW Polo for this round. It's a nimble little car around narrow stages like these ones and there's enough grunt for the long stretches on Noiker (perhaps just a little lacking on Frazier Wells). I had a good drive mostly. A late pacenote at 7.7kms into Noiker made me overshoot a 90 right despite telling myself not to make that mistake during recce. I also had a spin on Autiovaara. Aside from some minor glitches here and there, I've nothing more to report so hope for a decent finishing position this time around
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    A late pacenote at 7.7kms into Noiker made me overshoot a 90 right despite telling myself not to make that mistake during recce.
    SAME! I made sure I wasn't gonna miss that, but the pacenote is so late I shot past it and had to do a 180 to get back. In my recce I had a lot of practise missing that corner so managed to spin and return to the stage quickly!

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Just waiting for times from Tannat (who's asked for an extension) and Paul, who should be giving his in today.

Paddy, some very impressive stage times once again, maybe the Polo suits you well here.

Crazy stuff on SS2 so far, only 0.64sec covering the top 4 drivers!
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just submitted my times (thanks for extension, Bruce).

When my sick daughter woke at 3:40am and said she wanted to get up I thought my rally was doomed. Luckily with a little bit of rocking and some comforting from Daddy and she went back to sleep.

A cautious rally for me. I know I could have gone faster everywhere, but was still suffering the effects of some rum the prior evening....

My some bloopers on Noiker. Missed the bad turn call at that 90 left (called 90 right), and side bumped a tree in the final 2k of the stage.

Got a bit overexuberant on Musta on day 2 and had a spin. So easy to get drawn in by this stage in gravel mode. It is probably my favorite RBR stage.

Really just hoping for a normal finish for me....
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce-this is the penultimate round of the SAIRC, correct?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Correct, just the Gauteng Rally to go now. But MF Cup starts next week

FINAL RESULTS

Quite a rally this one, lead changes up until the long SS4 and the winner never won a stage all rally, but still won by over a minute! Great drive by NeverKnow, and a special mention to Paddy again, definately a big improvement.

In the championships the drivers title is wide open again, GRACE Motorsport have wrapped up the teams championship, VW now lead the manufacturers and Paul has won the S2000 class (NeverKnow was already N4 champion). Results book will be emailed out later today.