Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    I'm not sure I understand 100% what you're trying to say, but... Are you saying that your god has always been around? so our ancestors hundreds of thousands of years ago in Africa were praying to god? and that because Stephen Hawking lives in the present and came about after god, he is wrong because god was there first? so, how did god come about? like blood out of a turnip?
    Nope simply always was, is and shall be.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    These puny humans that deny I exist!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    According to leading physicist Stephen Hawking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11161493

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing.

"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."
    I'm no physicist but I don't exactly follow his logic here. We exist therefore there is no god? Personally I think he's right but I don't follow his working...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    People can say (and believe) whatever they like... and usually do.

I have yet to read anything put forward by one side of the argument that has persuaded or dissuaded the other side from their conviction...

The only way to know for certain is in death... let me know how you get on with that one.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    how much simpler would the world be if people believed Hawking, or at least lived according to what the can see and feel rather than what someone has told them is something they can't see or feel but is definatley there so stay in line, instead of a few thousand year old book of fairy tales, or the opposing few thousand year old book of fairy tales, or the bits of the few thousand year old fairy tales that come from the same book.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    WHO WHAT HOW and WHY WAS THIS LAW SUCH AS GRAVITY CREATED?

How did God begin? How was he created?

If God created the universe, what who created God?
    If God did not create the universe, did the universe create God?

WHY?

What existed before the universe began?

If one beleives in the big bang theory, where did this piece of matter that exploded to create the universe, how and why was it created--where did this "law" or gravity come from that created it?

If parallel universes exist, how many parallel universes exist? Two three or infinite?

Is reality actually an illusion, or is illusion actually the reality?

The easier questions to speculatively answer are what, where, how--- but the unanswerable is the WHY

for example, it takes some 65,000 complex molecules (many of which are referred to as"proteins" DNA and RNA)to operate a single human cell....maybe more....what and how are easy, the unanswerable is why?

It would seem that man-woman -kind created God to explain and understand the infinite...although many created god in their own image to justify their actions, be those actions hypocritical or "true to the faith".

And people such as Hawkins created these "laws" to explain that which they can not otherwise explain, and that is just another way of creating God to explain that which they can not otherwise explain--just substitute "law" for "god" or "god" for "law"---the religion of god versuses the religion of science.......

Which leads to the ultimate three questions:

(1)How can one who is finite, understand that which is infinite, be it God or be it the universe/universes?

(2)Why does any of this exist?

(3) Finally, why am I always so right, and the rest of you always so wrong?
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Markabilly------ Because!!!!!!!!!!!
    See, it is simple my child.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    WHO WHAT HOW and WHY WAS THIS LAW SUCH AS GRAVITY CREATED?

How did God begin? How was he created?

If God created the universe, what who created God?
    If God did not create the universe, did the universe create God?

WHY?

What existed before the universe began?

If one beleives in the big bang theory, where did this piece of matter that exploded to create the universe, how and why was it created--where did this "law" or gravity come from that created it?

If parallel universes exist, how many parallel universes exist? Two three or infinite?

Is reality actually an illusion, or is illusion actually the reality?

The easier questions to speculatively answer are what, where, how--- but the unanswerable is the WHY

for example, it takes some 65,000 complex molecules (many of which are referred to as"proteins" DNA and RNA)to operate a single human cell....maybe more....what and how are easy, the unanswerable is why?

It would seem that man-woman -kind created God to explain and understand the infinite...although many created god in their own image to justify their actions, be those actions hypocritical or "true to the faith".

And people such as Hawkins created these "laws" to explain that which they can not otherwise explain, and that is just another way of creating God to explain that which they can not otherwise explain--just substitute "law" for "god" or "god" for "law"---the religion of god versuses the religion of science.......

Which leads to the ultimate three questions:

(1)How can one who is finite, understand that which is infinite, be it God or be it the universe/universes?

(2)Why does any of this exist?

(3) Finally, why am I always so right, and the rest of you always so wrong?
    Your gonna give yourself a stomach ache.

I believe and serve God, but you should not and cannot throw your beliefs on other people. They will believe what they want to believe.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Markabilly------ Because!!!!!!!!!!!
    See, it is simple my child.

as my children say, "Because WHAT, POP!!?"

Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Your gonna give yourself a stomach ache.

I believe and serve God, but you should not and cannot throw your beliefs on other people. They will believe what they want to believe.
    Thanks, this must be the answer to the question number 3 that i asked as to why I am right and others wrong:
    They are wrong because they want to be......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Because I say so!!!!!!!!!!