Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone in UK going to any races?

As above.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to go to a NASCAR race, but have so many concerns

1. The cost, few grand I'd say (family of five to take)
    2. What tickets would I end up (bad view on turn 3 probs)
    3. How welcome are us Brits people in the American Stands, do we stick out like a sore thumb (please note, I luv America)
    4. If I was going, I would like to see two races, including a plate race, where in the schedule would allow two races close together so I'm not driving miles and miles between weekends.
    5. Otherwise, do people, companies organise visits.

Doh.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing

1. The cost, few grand I'd say (family of five to take)
    2. What tickets would I end up (bad view on turn 3 probs)
    3. How welcome are us Brits people in the American Stands, do we stick out like a sore thumb (please note, I luv America)
    4. If I was going, I would like to see two races, including a plate race, where in the schedule would allow two races close together so I'm not driving miles and miles between weekends.
    5. Otherwise, do people, companies organise visits.

Doh.
    1. It has cost me £1200 for me and the mrs for 5 days in Knoxville, 2 days at Bristol with transfers. Take a look at http://www.sportstravel.com - the flights cost me quite a bit though as there is an internal transfer.
    2. I am in pretty decent seats (but you need to book early to get these). Generally by the looks of it the company i use have fairly good seats.
    3. I'll tell you when i get home

Regards
    Richard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing

Doh.
    i am a canadian who love's going to charlotte, NC. granted my accent is not the same as yours but it is decidedly not from the south. i have never hesitated to tell someone where i am from if asked, and have never been recieved in any way but warmly. anything you have heard of southern hospitality is true. If you have never been to a race, you have to go to Lowe's. Great racing, and to tour the race shops is like nothing you will ever experience.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been to some races and us Brits are as welcome as anyone else. No concerns at all there! If anything, they'll want to hear you talk just to listen to the accent.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71minus2
    1. It has cost me £1200 for me and the mrs for 5 days in Knoxville, 2 days at Bristol with transfers. Take a look at http://www.sportstravel.com - the flights cost me quite a bit though as there is an internal transfer.
    2. I am in pretty decent seats (but you need to book early to get these). Generally by the looks of it the company i use have fairly good seats.
    3. I'll tell you when i get home

Regards
    Richard
    All seats at Bristol are decent. I went to the night race last summer, it was fantastic. (before anyone asks, ive sold my renewal tickets for this year already

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish, but I can't afford. I'll make do with SCSA for another year.

Really wanted to see the current spec cars before the COT comes in full time, but I don't think it will happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm English and I went to Daytona 500 last year and this year and it was great, NASCAR fans are don't care where you're from- everyone is at the track to watch the racing and support their favourite drivers

Some of the lower seats at Daytona have a limited view but you can always check how good or bad the seat is by booking through racetickets.com- they have a 3D map of the tracks so you can see where the seat is

I'd love to go again this year but I'm not sure the finances will allow me to do so- unless the COT is a disaster on the plate tracks I'll be out there again for the 2008 Daytona 500

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    I'm hoping to go to an event later in the year, hope they don't mind an Aussie accent

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We are going to Speed Week in May at Lowes
    Truck Race on the Friday The Open The All Star Challenge Busch Race then The Coca Cola 600,CANNOT WAIT,counting the days...........
    Get off your seat, and on your feet
    It\'s time to go green flag Racin\'
    Boogity Boogity Boogity :hot: