Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can lose your children in the US, if official don't like their names

Apparently the US doesn't have the freedom of naming your children:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...h-parents.html

Adolf Hitler not allowed to live with parents

A US couple who gave their children Nazi-themed names, including Adolf Hitler Campbell, have been denied custody by a New Jersey court.

Published: 11:30PM BST 05 Aug 2010

The decision by the New Jersey state appeals court overruled a family court's decision that there is insufficient evidence of abuse by the parents Heath and Deborah Campbell. Their children – Adolf Hitler Campbell, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell – have been in foster care since January 2009.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    That's not true though, Eki. It's far more likely that they were denied custody because of this part of the article:

"The appeals court ruled Thursday to "reverse" the previous court decision, saying that social workers had "proved the need for protective services for these children within the meaning of abuse or neglect."
    The court said that Heath Campbell, 37, has never held a job because of medical and psychological disabilities, and cannot read. Deborah Campbell, 27, also had mental and physical problems.
    Social workers were sent to investigate in December 2008 following reports "that the children were being strapped and confined for unusual amounts of time within the home in child booster seats and that domestic violence occurred in the home," the court said."
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A giant leap to make that thread title from the news story. You should work for the British redtops.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, maybe I was a bit hasty with the thread title. But at least a supermarket discriminated against little Adolf and refused to make him a personalized birthday cake:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/toda...ily_angry.html

Holland Township family angry that supermarket won't personalize cake for their son
    Published: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 12:16 AM Updated: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Keith Gary

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell. Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today. This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The names the couple applied to their children was just a manifestation of a deeper problem... having freedom to go about your daily life is one thing having the right top name your children sh*tbag or c*n*face is another...

The fact many are called 'Sage Moonblood' or 'Moxie CrimeFighter' or 'Diva Muffin' demonstrates a tolerance for naming however there are simply some names that are beyond the pale.

Liked 678 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    That's not true though, Eki. It's far more likely that they were denied custody because of this part of the article:

"The appeals court ruled Thursday to "reverse" the previous court decision, saying that social workers had "proved the need for protective services for these children within the meaning of abuse or neglect."
    The court said that Heath Campbell, 37, has never held a job because of medical and psychological disabilities, and cannot read. Deborah Campbell, 27, also had mental and physical problems.
    Social workers were sent to investigate in December 2008 following reports "that the children were being strapped and confined for unusual amounts of time within the home in child booster seats and that domestic violence occurred in the home," the court said."

Let's not let facts get in the way of bashing the US here!

As for the supermarket owners that "discriminated" against little Adolf, good for them. I wouldn't openly support a racist either, and as a business owner they have a right to do so. Maybe the racists idiots should spend less time promoting hate and try to teach their children some real values, and at the same time understand that the community around them may not support their racist views.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Hmm... reminds me that in college I knew a girl named Eva Brown. Yeah, she caught hell - even though she wasn't exactly a blue eyed blonde... or even Germanic.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've heard in America they even take your freedom away (they call it incarceration) if you do something the government doesn't like.

Come on Eki, open your eyes!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    (they call it incarceration)
    Is that like incineration?

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    I've heard in America they even take your freedom away (they call it incarceration) if you do something the government doesn't like.

Come on Eki, open your eyes!
    yeah, like murder, stealing, raping, selling dope.....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: