Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

So is this the Vettel haters thread?!
    He might or might not be bright, however for what it's worth the thread starter can't even spell his name correctly!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan

So is this the Vettel haters thread?!
    He might or might not be bright, however for what it's worth the thread starter can't even spell his name correctly!
    yea it was at transposition and edit did not let me correct it. At any rate most on here are bright enough to know who I am referring to. Sorry it took you three pages :
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    yea it was at transposition and edit did not let me correct it. At any rate most on here are bright enough to know who I am referring to. Sorry it took you three pages :
    May I recomend you offer him a KnuckleSandwich
    May the forza be with you

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    It´s only natural to have som dislike for your main competitior.

Seb or Mark will grab the crown, it could very well be Mark.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    It´s only natural to have som dislike for your main competitior.

Seb or Mark will grab the crown, it could very well be Mark.
    That's really going out on a limb
    May the forza be with you

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ent
    Give Vettel time. If you look at Hamilton, he was quick at the start of his career, but really blew what should have been a championship win in his first season with poor decision and too much game-play with then team-mate Alonso. He barely scraped through the next season after further errors, despite being in the best car for both seasons. Since then, he has calmed down a lot and is now a far better all-round driver. If not for some bad luck, he'd still be in the lead this season.

Vettel is young and hot-headed. He's being too emotional in his driving and this is causing mistakes. Hopefully he'll settle down in a year or two and become not just a fast driver, but a smart, fast driver. I hope for his sake his chance at the fastest car on the grid isn't gone by then.
    Hamilton did not exactly excel in 2008 either and [Alonso was out of the pciture] with uneccessary mistakes - and if Ferrari had messed up one less time with Massa [and they apologized to the Brazilian] then Hamilton would not have won a title yet.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    It's important to realize that some people only participate in forums like this for the simple reason of having fun like me.
    Amen to that brother mokin:

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I suppose if you ignored the fact that Mclaren scuppered Lewis's chances of being a WDC in his debut season, and all the incidents that took points away from Lewis in the 2008 season, your one sided analysis would be pretty good old sport.

Massa cocked up on a fair few ocassions during 2008, for example escaping a drive through penalty for being released into the path of Sutil, and beaching his car in the gravel in Malaysia to name only two, so lets just remember both drivers made errors during that season.

As you say though, Lewis might not have even won a WDC if the luck didn't go his way, but then again he could be a double WDC by now too.. Whatever, it doesn't really matter..
    Scuppered Lewis'?

No. Ron Dennis undermined Mclaren because of his bias in favor of Hamilton and created an untenable situation for the driver who would have provided Mclaren with a WDC, Alonso. Kimi said thank you.

No - Luca di Montezemolo specifically apologized on behalf of the team. Their mistakes were the real cause - and yet Massa JUST missed his first championship title. Hamilton made extremely heavy weather and in the end did not even win the most grands prix in 2008.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Lewis is not a bad driver and is one of three quickest drivers in f1 today - but he is no Senna or Prost or Schumacher for example, thats for sure. He does not even reach to the same level as Alonso as a complete racing driver.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    I think it further demonstrates just how good the performance of Jenson Button and Brawn were iin 2009 despite the difficulties in the second half of the season.
    Oh good grief--must everything be tied into your boy Button?

I can see it now:

Q: So how do you feel about global warming?
    Saint Devote: Well, I drive a SMART car, which is made by Mercedes and, oh that reminds me, did I tell you about the time that Jenson . . .

Q: Um, you are off topic. Ick, what IS that smell?
    Saint Devote: Oh that was me. I tooted. Which reminds me, one time I was was standing next to Jenson and he let one rip and boy oh boy . . .

Q: That's gross. What did you eat?
    Saint Devote: an Egg McMuffin. The butter was oozing all over the plate, and that reminded me of Jenson's helmet design back when he drove for Brawn GP . . .

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    He does not even reach to the same level as Alonso as a complete racing driver.
    I would have said that during his first two years in F1, but now I would say that Lewis is every bit as good as Alonso.