Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    What I interpreted it as: let the guy come through without ramming him like Vettel did in Turkey.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    There was no call over the radio to McLaren, there was to Ferrari. McLaren benefited as their driver went on to win, Ferrari already had 1st place and literally could not improve. No other team complained at the time about Heikki's move. Heikki appears to have acted independently, whereas everybody heard Smedley on the radio to Massa. The stewards did not investigate McLaren, presumably because they didn't feel there was a case to answer, and because they didn't feel it was a team order.
    There was a radio call but not aired publicly. McLaren and along with Ferrari didn't like their radios being aired public. Heikki was told Lewis was quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Edit: the notion (above) that Ferrari's 1-2 was under threat from Vettel holds little water, as Vettel only began to close up on Massa once the demotivated Brazillian put in a series of mediocre laps. Until the team order, Ferrari owned that race. And that's what makes it worse.
    The radio call was a delayed transmission, originally about 20 laps previously from the TV transmission when Massa was backing Alonso into Vettel at the beginning of the second stint.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Idiots, the hearing to decide the fate of Ferrari is on september the 8th. Sure no rush, why not wait till the end of the season? Why can't they gather now? a penalty after 2 months isn't good PR. if there is any, probably not...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ferrari cleverly sent in Jean todt to head FIA..so what do you think/ ? rules are for all teams and not ferrari, they are above the rules, anyone say a word against their illegalities will face angry outbursts from chief luca di marshmallows.. so 65K penalty probbaly cost of their front tyres for ferrari..nothing going to hurt them, sickning team orders still be going on and they dont care of they win championship by illegalities..the tifosi mentality is win at all costs.
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rohanweb
    Ferrari cleverly sent in Jean todt to head FIA..so what do you think/ ? rules are for all teams and not ferrari, they are above the rules, anyone say a word against their illegalities will face angry outbursts from chief luca di marshmallows.. so 65K penalty probbaly cost of their front tyres for ferrari..nothing going to hurt them, sickning team orders still be going on and they dont care of they win championship by illegalities..the tifosi mentality is win at all costs.
    And how clever are they to cover it up by penalizing them over and over again. And now changing the test loads in an attempt to avoid their wings from passing the tests. No one would suspect a thing

The Ferrari International Assistance has closed its business. It shows just how out of depth are you... just keep singing the same song no matter what

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6...ri-for-hearing

The stewards declared Ferrari in breach of article 39.1 of the FIA 2010 sporting regulations that states 'team orders which interfere with a race result are prohibited.'
    They were also charged with a breach of article 151c of the FIA International Sporting Code.
    That relates to 'any fraudulent conduct, or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally'.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    More fuel to the fire:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...-order-charge/

But new radio evidence would seem to reinforce suspicions that the "is faster than you" language was in fact a pre-arranged code that Massa understood as a direct order to pull over.

F1's official website has published a video edit of the German race that depicts Smedley relay a conventional message to Massa about Spaniard Alonso's superior pace.

"You need to pick up the pace, because Fernando is faster," the British engineer is heard to tell Massa.

And another message to Massa during their genuine on-track battle was: "Pretty close here. He's (Alonso) gonna go (through); you're going to have to defend."

It has also been suspected that Alonso requested the team order, after he said "this is ridiculous" while trying to conventionally overtake his teammate.

And he is heard to say during the official video edit: "I am much faster than Felipe."

His engineer Andrea Stella replied: "We got your message, we got your message."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not only do I approve of team orders but if I ran a team I would send team orders encoded in nonsense sentences like the BBC used in WW II. Each race, the code would change. I would even use that old WW II favorite "John has a long moustache".

To make things even more amusing, over the course of a race I would broadcast a lot of sentences that meant nothing to anybody just to keep other teams, the media, and the FIA all ramped up and excited.

The cow jumped over the moon...Red is black...The pantry is full...Our feet are dry...

Transmissions to and from the driver would be acknowledged only with "copy that."

What a hoot!
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    Not only do I approve of team orders but if I ran a team I would send team orders encoded in nonsense sentences like the BBC used in WW II. Each race, the code would change. I would even use that old WW II favorite "John has a long moustache".

To make things even more amusing, over the course of a race I would broadcast a lot of sentences that meant nothing to anybody just to keep other teams, the media, and the FIA all ramped up and excited.

The cow jumped over the moon...Red is black...The pantry is full...Our feet are dry...

Transmissions to and from the driver would be acknowledged only with "copy that."

What a hoot!
    Love it

"Squadron leader to Sh!tehawk.... DIVE, DIVE"

Is now code for "Box next lap"

and

"Baby, can you hear me, grin and bear it Baby, i t ' s . K Y . j e l l y . t i m e . a g a i n. Can you confirm you've applied it and have assumed the position"

Is code for nothing whatsoever apparently

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    More fuel to the fire:
    But still no definitive proof, it is just radio transmissions confirming information.
    Il diavolo era il 1° luglio 1947 nato.
    Forza Ferrari