Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting support race at Homestead

For years the IRL ran in conjunction with the Rolex Grand-Am Series. This year Grand-Am decided to go it alone at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and raced earlier in the year.
    I was wondering what series would be brought in to take the G/A's place when the Indy Cars ran their series finale at HMS this October. Now I know.

The Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) will be running at Homestead with the IRL.

http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.n...V?OpenDocument

What do you think?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, as someone that follows nascar and irl but isn't interested in GA or ALMS, I would be fairly interested in seeing an HSR race. I don't know what the miami-area residents like to watch, but I would think that historic sports cars would have a fairly wide appeal.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    For years the IRL ran in conjunction with the Rolex Grand-Am Series. This year Grand-Am decided to go it alone at the Homestead-Miami Speedway and raced earlier in the year.
    I was wondering what series would be brought in to take the G/A's place when the Indy Cars ran their series finale at HMS this October. Now I know.

The Historic Sportscar Racing (HSR) will be running at Homestead with the IRL.

http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.n...V?OpenDocument

What do you think?
    I think it is a good fit but I do think a more competive modern series should be there also. HSR guys may not drive full out and really push the way a series with up and coming guys all hungry to come out with phasers on kill might...and in the end, you want to have that sort of show as well...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I think it is a good fit but I do think a more competive modern series should be there also.
    I tend to agree with you but what other series?

Grand-Am decided to go it alone.
    NASCAR has their own weekend at HMS.
    ALMS? Not at a ISC track plus it is Petite weekend
    World Challenge Already has an event that weekend.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they have interesting cars it could be great..... Personally, I think every IRL race should be supported by at least one historic Indycar race. A reminder of the deep history of the sort could serve everyone well - even if it is only the participants and those who run the sport.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Is the road course available that weekend? That could determine what series could be part of the show. It's difficult to do both an oval and road at the same time.

The road course is available. Grand-Am and the IRL ran double headers there.