Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    btw, i think that this test has been the closest ant has been to hopkins (and the rest of the grid) since well before the season began.

signs of progress, i hope.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here here!!
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting article from Colin Young in "The Go" section of latest AMCN

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...scan0001-2.jpg

Well pleased to see someone else has recognised the detrimental effect of Ant's man......

Bartholemy seems also to recognise that riders need maybe a bit more than "just get on the bike and make it go fast". Still one of the few sports around where there a very few coaches on the ground.
    From Pantah to Desmosedici RR
    http://www.docwa.com.au

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pass me the tissues

Ant may need coaching, as many riders do.

However, the first target for any rider is his team mate.

I'm an Aussie and wish Ant well..... But I am disappointed.

Ant has reached the pinnacle of his chosen profession, he should also be at the top of his game performance wise.

Lets face it, this is Ant's chance and he can not afford to miss it. Has too much damage been done already?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know Ant is one of the more popular riders for forum members. Over the years we have seen Ant race in a variety of teams under a variety of circumstances. Each time that Ant fails to meet expectations it is common for arguments to be made that "if only he had a good team" or "if only he had a good bike" or "if only he was able to test first" and now "if only he had coaching".

Is it at all possible that Ant just doesn't have what it takes ?
    go speed racer go

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You do make a good point Ryan. We have seen many riders come into motogp over the years, and when they don't perform over a certain amount of races, we say " off with his head" . It pains me to say it, but, Westy needs a miracle IMO. Bayliss got chopped, and you certainly can't knock his pedigree. Edwards is only just starting to get results, and you cannot knock his past record. Westy needs to fire within the next 2 or 3 races, or, his fate will be sealed IMO. He may get a good ride in WSS, or perhaps in WSBK, but, I think his days are numbered in Motogp, unless, as I said before, he pulls a rabbit from you know where.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    unless, as I said before, he pulls a rabbit from you know where.
    ............... His hat?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    unless, as I said before, he pulls a rabbit from you know where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    ............... His hat?

His........boots ??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This article might just fire Ant up...

Colin Edwards starts talks with Kawasaki

By Matthew Birt
    MotoGP
    23 May 2008 15:11

Kawasaki bosses will have a list of potential 2009 targets drawn up by the Catalunya MotoGP in Spain next month after it emerged Colin Edwards held talks with the Japanese factory in Le Mans.
    With John Hopkins under contract for next season, Kawasaki seem certain to be chasing at least one rider for 2009 given Anthony West’sstruggles, with plans to run a third factory ZX-RR still up in the air.
    Texan Edwards currently with the Tech 3 Yamaha team as James Toseland’s team-mate, held preliminary discussions with Kawasaki boss Michael Bartholemy in France last weekend.
    Edwards, who scored his first podium of 2008 with third place in Le Mans, told MCN: “I’m not hiding anything and I spoke to Kawasaki for the first time in Le Mans but a lot has got to happen. I am looking at everything and seeing what it is out there. I’m fishing and they are fishing just seeing what is going on.”
    Kawasaki manager Bartholemy said: “I have a list of people I am interested in. Sure we have a list but I am not going from one meeting to another meeting. I can wait a bit.
    “I want to give a chance to Anthony and I would like to start in Catalunya. I want a clear idea then of who can be the candidates and then really go into negotiations from Catalunya.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    I know Ant is one of the more popular riders for forum members. Over the years we have seen Ant race in a variety of teams under a variety of circumstances. Each time that Ant fails to meet expectations it is common for arguments to be made that "if only he had a good team" or "if only he had a good bike" or "if only he was able to test first" and now "if only he had coaching".

Is it at all possible that Ant just doesn't have what it takes ?
    It is possible that Ant doesn't have what it takes to be at the pointy end of MotoGP. I think the thing that all us Ant fnas have wanted is to see him on competitive machinery to really prove himself one way or the other, something he hasn't really been able to do since racing GP's as he's always been racing with cut price privateer teams where he's been able to mix it with a number of high-profile factory riders. He showed last year, first in supersport with Yamaha and then as a fill in with Kawasaki in MotoGP that there is talent there but this year is crucial as to his career direction. I don't think that the start of the year has made things terminal yet if within the next couple of rounds he can start mixing it with Hopkins but improvement will have to come very shortly, within the next 2-3 rounds.
    Get off my lawn