Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bout time, go for it Westy, keep ya head down, ass up, and keep ya trap shut and I am sure you will impress. I hope he does enough to convince the Big Kwak that he's the man for 2008.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    May be earlier than that, wouldn't be surprised if Jacque is replaced before the end of this season. Apparently his injuries aren't healing too well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigav
    May be earlier than that, wouldn't be surprised if Jacque is replaced before the end of this season. Apparently his injuries aren't healing too well.
    We can only hope, although, I wouldnt wish any harm upon anyone, but i would love to see Ant get a go in GP...
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good interview with Ant on motogp.com, seemed very happy with the Kawasaki outing, said 'it nearly rips your arms off down the straights' He also said he will be riding 600's for the rest of the year and has severed his ties with Team Sicilia.. He also hinted at possibly getting back aboard the Kwak, should the right circumstances arise...
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really hope that the split with his team is a mutual decision and not just him throwing in the towel on them for a more competitive supersport ride. Good luck to him for the future.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anthony West continues to stand in for Kevin Curtain after taking the race win at Silverstone. As with Monza and Silverstone, West has not ridden the Misano circuit before but this hasn't slowed him down at previous rounds. He will be in good company this weekend as almost none of the Supersport riders have ridden the new-look track.

"I'm looking to get another good result this weekend; it'll be nice to race in the dry and warm after Silverstone! I'm excited to go to Misano, especially off the back of my first win for the team," Anthony says. "It'll be a much more level playing field at Misano because very few people have ridden the new track yet. Normally I'm learning the circuit as well as trying to find the right set-up but this time everyone will be in the same boat, which will give me more chance of getting a good qualifying place. I'll start with the same set-up as I had at Silverstone and see where we go from there. I haven't had as much time as I'd like on the bike yet to find a good base setting but I'm not far off. It should be a good weekend."

Oh and as far as Team Sicilia's replacement rider goes, Ive heard Manuel Poggiali or 'Kuba' Smrz.. Be interesting to see how his replacement fares regardless..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Having not been on here since Silverstone until recently, just wanted to say...that WAS superb from Westy. Monza too actually.

Kev Curtain may be out for a while (possibly a season or even career-ender, actually), let's hope Westy has a good run.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ant to Kawasaki by next race weekend ?

possible ? yay or nay ?
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never say never

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    Ant to Kawasaki by next race weekend ?

possible ? yay or nay ?
    Yay!

Unless there is pressure and any chance he might damage a burgeoning relationship with Yamaha.