Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Pu
    There are planty of tracks in the USA, so why don´t look for another one?
    Because those tracks either lack the funds and/or the inclination to pay Bernie’s sanctioning fees.

Indy’s road course was designed to use space in the most efficient way possible.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know a little off topic, but does anyone have any details about miller motorpark, and how well it could hold an F1 event?

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

I first heard about this track thanks to the gumball rally, and they kept refering to it as an f1 track, shows what they know. I believe its owned by someone who has more money then he seems to know what to do with (can't think of his name, but he owns a basketball team and he seems to like to do stuff that gets him in trouble...)

I was gonna wait till after the ALMS race this year when I had a chance to see what it looked like with real race cars on it, but this seems like a good thread to bring it up...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Miller Motorsports Park is a great track, but it's about 30 miles from civilization.... literally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I've been thinking about this for a while, and just out of pure curiousity, how would you feel if the course looked like this?

(My changes are highlighted in red.)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    I know a little off topic, but does anyone have any details about miller motorpark, and how well it could hold an F1 event?

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

I first heard about this track thanks to the gumball rally, and they kept refering to it as an f1 track, shows what they know. I believe its owned by someone who has more money then he seems to know what to do with (can't think of his name, but he owns a basketball team and he seems to like to do stuff that gets him in trouble...)

I was gonna wait till after the ALMS race this year when I had a chance to see what it looked like with real race cars on it, but this seems like a good thread to bring it up...
    I went to the ALMS race there last year. It's a short 30-40 minute drive from Salt Lake City depending on where you stay. I'm lucky, I live here and it's great to have a first class facility nearby. I plan to go to the ALMS again this year (have my tickets already) and the Rolex Grand Am as well as a historic sports car race/show and maybe I'll check out the NASCAR feeder series that will be here this year.

The ALMS drivers loved the course (I talked to Allan McNish personally about it.) The track has 25 turns of varying speed with wide run-off areas. It can be run in four configurations (one with less turns for NASCAR.) The straight is very long. I stood by a crewman with a radar gun and the P1 cars were hitting 172mph even in the thinner air at 4000+ feet. The pits are supposed to be up to F1 standard and the FIA has certified the track. The garages are very large and fully equipped.

I'll try to attach a few of my photos from last year's ALMS race weekend.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Another photo of the ALMS race.

Please remember that last year was the first year the track was built so not too much landscaping had gone into the surrounding areas.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Highcroft Lola in the garage...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One more of the quick left-right-left turn complex called "The Attitudes"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The Miller Motorsports Park is owned by Larry Miller who owns the Utah Jazz NBA team as well as gobs of auto dealerships. He also has a great collection of Cobras, GT40's, Shelby Mustangs, Cobra Daytona Coupes, etc. But I doubt that he has the kind of money Bernie would want for F1!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    What's wrong with Daytona? Has a banked section (run on the 24 hrs cirucit, undulates more than Indy and has decent facilities.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: