Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

LOCKERBIE BOMBER helped out by BP, and he ain't dead yet

So our good friend who was released, so he could die in the arms of his loving family, ain't dead yet and may live another ten years....

and good ole BP tried to help him get out of jail, all for some more oil????.....so what is a few passengers and Scottish civilians worth anyway???

ANSWER:

BP signed a $900 million exploration agreement with Libya in May 2007, the same month that Britain and Libya signed an agreement that paved the way for al-Megrahi's release from a Scottish prison
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38256677...rica?GT1=43001

And all you dumb butts, including yours truly, thought it was a misguided act of mercy and kindness,

but i got an excuse, I been reading too many Valve bounce and Eki posts.....

and just to rub it in.....he may live on for another ten years, as stated by a doc who got him free....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100704...tackslockerbie
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    of course some politicans, after the horse has left the barn, are wanting to jump up and down......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It just proves the British justice system has been infected by the same silly notions that have populated most of the western world. Terrorists are not common criminals, they are terrorists, and need to be shown with no mercy that we are not fooling around. Christian kindness isn't appreciated by the people in the business of killing innocent civilians on behalf of dictators, religious zealots or just anarchists.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another prime example of radical islam using the west's mercy against it. At first, they used the fact that no one believed anyone would be stupid enough to blow themselves up only to kill others. Then they used women when the men were being checked. Then they used children. Then they used cars, and then planes and shoes. The only way to stop radical islam from spreading west is to stop being so kind. You don't start reasoning with a hungry lion, and this is exactly the same. If this man really walked so BP could start digging in Libya, they should be ashamed.
    באמת הלכת לגוגל לתרגם את זה? פראייר

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As far as one can tell the "Lockerbie bomber" was never imprisoned in the first place. A man was stitched up with flimsy evidence and then freed before his appeal could be properly heard, but that's a whole different kettle of oil-sodden fish.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    And all you dumb butts, including yours truly, thought it was a misguided act of mercy and kindness,

but i got an excuse, I been reading too many Valve bounce and Eki posts...
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...145538870.html
    "The Scottish government had no contact from BP in relation to Mr. al-Megrahi," the Scottish government said Thursday, before the Senate hearing was announced. "The issues being raised in the United States at present regarding BP refer to the Prisoner Transfer Agreement negotiated by the governments of the U.K. and Libya, and therefore have nothing to do with the decision on compassionate release, which is a totally different process, based on entirely different criteria," the government said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...nvoy-says.html
    British Ambassador to the U.S. Nigel Sheinwald rejected suggestions that the release last year of Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset Al-Megrahi and BP Plc’s commercial interests were linked.

BP is not the British Government. BP is a publicly listed company. BP has never made a public or press release to the effect that MSNBC Claims. I think that this stems from the glaringly obvious fact that the American public (and Senators) are angry at BP for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

I think that this is a bitter accusation based on a wild conspiracy theory. Even if there's no weight behind the allegations, the Senators who made the claims will have a great deal of press and publicity so that they'll be in a favourable light when the United States Senate elections happen in November.
    If you look through the list of everyone making the allegations, ALL of them are up for midterm elections.

There's nothing like trading on people's fear and stupidity if you want to be re-elected. Directing people's anger towards BP in this way is both cynical and churlish.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    As far as one can tell the "Lockerbie bomber" was never imprisoned in the first place. A man was stitched up with flimsy evidence and then freed before his appeal could be properly heard, but that's a whole different kettle of oil-sodden fish.
    And of course you were there and saw all the evidence? The Jury convicted him...by law, he is the Lockerbie Bomber.

Someone did the deed, and your government convicted him...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    And of course you were there and saw all the evidence? The Jury convicted him...by law, he is the Lockerbie Bomber.

Someone did the deed, and your government convicted him...
    Yes, because in the whole history of the legal system there's never been a miscarriage of justice
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Yes, because in the whole history of the legal system there's never been a miscarriage of justice
    What do you expect from people, who talk about "no mercy" and talk about Christian kindness? It's religious war for them and a one in which you take no prisoners.
    On the other hand, in BP is behind this, I wouldn't be surprised. They happily poisoned the planet for money, it is evident that they care only about their money - as privateer should, according to the ultra-right posters here. People, nature, screw them.
    Oh, and BTW, lions should be protected. Lovely animals
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    What do you expect from people, who talk about "no mercy" and talk about Christian kindness? It's religious war for them and a one in which you take no prisoners.
    On the other hand, in BP is behind this, I wouldn't be surprised. They happily poisoned the planet for money, it is evident that they care only about their money - as privateer should, according to the ultra-right posters here. People, nature, screw them.
    Oh, and BTW, lions should be protected. Lovely animals
    Sorry to sidetrack this conversation. But show me one post here that says BP had every right to spill whatever they wanted into the ocean.

I know I, and I would be willing to bet most other "ultra-right posters" here, say that this is BP's issue. They screwed up. They deserve to pay the price. They should pay every cent of the clean-up costs. And if the Federal Government would get out of the way, or better yet actually help instead of slowing everything down, this whole mess would be closer to being finnished.

Free markets aren't a free for all. Along with the rights afforded in a free market system come RESPONSIBILITES. You would be hard pressed to find any "ultra-right posters" that would disagree with that.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken