View Poll Results: Should Michael quit ?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 48.23%
  • No

73 51.77%
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think what ben is saying is that the Schuey of old would have won.
    Impossible, you can not defend against cars that are 1 second a lap faster anyway and also have DRS advantage for almost 1 km/lap. You all know I would have loved it to see him do it, but I knew it that it will not be possible, still great driving from MS, he gave his team some hopes for the future.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    One thing that showed Schumacher is still complete with his race brain was after the last restart. On all 3 or 4 previous restarts everyone fell miles behind Vettel and were left for dead.

On the last one, Michael stayed right with Vettel and went down the outside. He got that just right.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Impossible, you can not defend against cars that are 1 second a lap faster anyway and also have DRS advantage for almost 1 km/lap. You all know I would have loved it to see him do it, but I knew it that it will not be possible, still great driving from MS, he gave his team some hopes for the future.
    Personally I think back in the day Schuey would have won. Just my opinion Ioan
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    One thing that showed Schumacher is still complete with his race brain was after the last restart. On all 3 or 4 previous restarts everyone fell miles behind Vettel and were left for dead.

On the last one, Michael stayed right with Vettel and went down the outside. He got that just right.
    There's a reason why they always feared him when they saw the Ferrari in their mirrors!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Personally I think back in the day Schuey would have won. Just my opinion Ioan
    Sure in the days when there was no DRS.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I don't think when DRS was activated, that Michael had a chance of finishing anywhere other than 4th. DRS made Button and Webber almost certain to pass.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I found myself cheering for Michael in Canada and during his first career I couldn't stand him. Weird, ain't it? I wonder if anybody else feels the same?
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I found myself doing the same thing. It would have been great to have had him on the podium with Jenson and Seb.
    I was reeeeeeally annoyed when I realised he wouldn't be on the podium. You could see it in Michael's eyes too, he was bloody sad.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally Posted by aki13

I think he was the only one who actually came close to overtaking, vettel, if he was in a car which was not as slow, he perhaps could have done it.

So whats happened to Schuey? We're repeatedly told by the team and his fans that he is as fit as he ever was and his age is not a factor. Back in the day we were used to him being able to outdrive a car and drag it beyond where it deserved to be, yet he's struggled for one and a half seasons? His drive in Canada was mighty impressive and was the best since his comeback IMO, but not every race is going to be wet from now on. Rosberg has shown the pace of the car in the dry and its DRS is possibly the best on the grid. Why is Michael unable to take advantage of these factors? Tyres can't be an issue because he's changed tyre manufacturers more times than half the grid have had hot dinners. He's had over a year to develop his current car so whats missing, Rory Byrne? I hope he continues to improve but I had hoped he'd be mixing it up at the front abit more often by now.
    Well do we know how quickly does a human body looses its ability to be at the maximum, in any sport, if any person, goes off for a while, it takes a while to come back to the same level, we are looking at someone who went out of F1 for 3 years, and then came back in a car which was not to his liking. So if he actually took say a year and a half to find even 60% of his old self, thats not bad at all, and we really dont know how much of a equal he is if we compare to how he was in Brazil 06. In my opinion even in Monaco, he was doing very well, perhaps now he is now getting comfortable in the car. In the past he was in a Ferrari from the time it was conceived till its very end, I mean a car year after year designed very closely to what he would like, Mercedes w01 was no where close to that, but he was still competitive in it, he was still very close to rosbergs times. I think he is more comfortable with this car, and I dont think Nico was doing as well as Michael in Canada or Monaco at any stage. I dont think we are being fair in comparing him with his old performances, when he was in competitive racing since a child.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this year schumi is better because of one simple reason.mercedes is better
    When your opponent admits his loss and your win then he deserves a part of your hapiness.
    ;)