View Poll Results: Should Michael quit ?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 48.23%
  • No

73 51.77%
Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    oR Brett Farve

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...omment-4220318

some just do not know how to quit....

others are experts,

just look at kimi
    kimi did not quit.
    He was forced out with a golden parachute.
    Even I would have taken that deal
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I don't like him. But I do respect him. So I'd hate to see Michael leave in complete humiliation.
    my feelings exactly. Never liked him but without doubt the greatest F1 driver in history. As my sig says...
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I voted no. I don't think a crappy or average comeback can even put a small dent in his legacy as 7 time world champ. If he is having fun driving an F1 car again and wants to stay, then I think he should.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    he should wait until next years car
    had Mercedes GP not left it so long to buy out brawn this years car could have been so much better
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    That seat should have been Nick's. He's being wasted.
    Well there is that, which I'd kind of overlooked recently. Nick is a very good driver sadly with no job. I can't believe Merc didn't at least find him a factory DTM drive until he can get a race seat somewhere.

However, in answer to the original question - I voted that Schumi should carry on. His speed is improving, no doubt also his knowledge of the tyres.

P5 in Q2 at Silverstone indicates a good improvement. I think one of the main things which is making people question Michael, is that we are all used to him moving forward in races. Now we are seeing him moving backwards, and I can only attribute that to his lack of understanding with the tyres.

I'm not sure if anything like this has been said by any experts, but I'm guessing Schumacher is destroying the tyres a lot quicker than he used to, and quicker than the drivers around him. Thus why we see him being competitive at the start and relatively slow at the end of the race.

His fitness and commitment are obviously still there - and I think we'll see him on the podium before long. Don't discount Rosberg's performances - he is driving very well in a fairly difficult situation.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    It's all starting to remind me of another famous Michael...

Jordan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan

Read the sections marked 'Second Retirement' and 'Washington Wizards comeback', different sport but the parameters will start to sound awfully familiar...
    I sort of agree, but to be fair, in his comeback with Washington, he still averaged 22 PPG, which is roughly the same as what Chris Bosh did this year, and Bosh is in his mid-20s.

I'm sure Schumacher will get into his stride - even if it's inconsistent flashes of his old form, at least we will know that he is still capable of it.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    kimi did not quit.
    He was forced out with a golden parachute.
    Even I would have taken that deal
    I'd love to be forced to do something in that way too, to get several million bucks
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Nico is doing extremely well, but most of his podiums have been more or less chance, and most of Michael bad results have been bad luck as well, I have not seen once when Michael got lucky, would we have be talking about this if he made it to the podium in Spain or Turkey? I just don't think luck has been on his side so far, along with a poor car. He's trying very hard, and sooner than later the results will come too.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_max2k2
    I think Nico is doing extremely well, but most of his podiums have been more or less chance, and most of Michael bad results have been bad luck as well, I have not seen once when Michael got lucky, would we have be talking about this if he made it to the podium in Spain or Turkey? I just don't think luck has been on his side so far, along with a poor car. He's trying very hard, and sooner than later the results will come too.
    ????

That's a bit disrespectful to Nico who has scored podiums in a car that at best is 3rd fastest on the grid (and that is being VERY generous).

Michael doesn't need luck - he needs more pace.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    ????

That's a bit disrespectful to Nico who has scored podiums in a car that at best is 3rd fastest on the grid (and that is being VERY generous).

Michael doesn't need luck - he needs more pace.
    I agree. But as long as his presence brings more money than the potential results with Heidfeld would, he ain't going anywhere.