Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    A bit of common sense here guys Montoya, Villeneuve and Schumacher (M) are ex-F1 drivers.

This is the forum to discuss current F1 events/drivers/races etc etc.

These three might sneak into a discussion about current F1 (that does happen with other ex-F1 drivers from time to time) but this is not the place to specifically discuss their F1 careers. History and Nostalgia is the place for that.

For Montoya's current career we have the fine NASCAR forum. For Villeneuve there is (for now) the GT Racing and Le Mans forum, maybe NASCAR next year, and for his music I'd suggest Chit Chat
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Cool

i have to say that even i am going to miss schu. as i ve said before, competing against him and the reds was pretty much like fighting the evil and winning brought so much satisfaction.

about JPM... as a Mclaren fan i have to say i'm glad he's gone.

JV? i didn't really care what he was doing on the track but i enjoy reading his interviews.... and that's something he can still do from where he is.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    NP race aficionado..

The way I see it is that NASCAR got what they wanted with Montoya's crossover. You'll be amazed to find out that Montoya's win this past Sunday is being discussed all over the internet in the major Autosports/Formula one Forums. You now have F1 fans posting on NASCAR threads (SpeedTV) and people discussing the opportunity to bring ovals into F1 as a result from watching Montoya's races in NASCAR (Atlas).
    This was huge for Motorsports, I'll tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    Where do ppl get the impression JPM didn't apply himself properly to F1, or was unwilling to do so?
    Probably from the fact that, after he left Williams, he lost 7 kilos in weight.

Which meant that, for atleast 4 seasons at Williams, he was overweight. Which is not applying yourself properly to the job.

I believe Sir Frank wrote a letter to Juan at the start of 2002 asking for a more focused approach. Not bothering to lose weight for another three seasons is not being more focused.

Juan also lost interest in Mclaren and F1 in general. His reasons were fair, but hardly the product of somebody willing to apply himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    and for his music I'd suggest Chit Chat
    Having heard his music, wouldn't Sh*t Chat be better?

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I guess it maybe quite quiet on here from now on
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    These three might sneak into a discussion about current F1 (that does happen with other ex-F1 drivers from time to time) but this is not the place to specifically discuss their F1 careers.
    Thank you , Arrows , for clearing that up .
    When I suggested as much to Pino , I was immediately rebuffed .

You know , it is easily understood by the vast majority , that JPM , JV , and MS are ex-drivers in F1 .
    One would hope that the drivers currently running will give us something to debate this coming year , and , as I have yet to see a year in F1 entirely free from controversy , imagined or otherwise , to talk about , I fail to see the point of telling us in a thread that they are gone .

However , that said , it did inspire Rienis to put up some cool quotes , so , all in all , not a total waste .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Baggs.

Recognize this?

*note: this thread does allow us to mention JV for the time being.

its the 908 HDi FAP which Jacques will drive during the forthcoming Le Mans race.

At least that's what the web sites say.
    http://www.f1technical.net/news/5055

Is this so?
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Just to be clear, my post was my own view on the subject, but the sentiment is the same.

JPM, JV & MS have been central figures here for a long time but it's time to move on. Drivers come and go. Given their...how shall I say ...personalities, these three are likely to linger longer than most somewhere around here.

But, there will be 20 drivers on the grid in Australia who are likely to provide us with as much food for thought, and discussion, in the coming weeks, months and years.

The F1 forum belongs to them.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Sorry Bagwan but I tought you still wanted to talk JV career in here, I should 've read your post more carefully. What I meant is exactly what Arrows posted

Quote Originally Posted by ioan

No offense, Pino, but how will you police a thread where we will talk about how much Felipe learned about Michael and we will give examples from Michael's career?
    That's depends on how much you will talk about Michael, we all must remember that he's history now
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life