Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rate the Race - Daytona

Rate the race on a scale of 1 to 10.

I will give it an 8.

pretty good for a plate race. Especially with harvick winning and another finishing at the end of the field.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Nothing but a demo derby.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

8....typical plate race.....i should give it a 10 since Harvick won and the next 2 in points crashed out, but the same bunch of wrecks kinda made the finish hollow.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kyle saying its never his fault,
    Kurt wrecking over half the field,

Harvick winning, Park 13th

the race was a 8 out of 10. I found the race very amusing, and I really hope the repaving crew doesn't make a pavement thats gonna take 30+ years to weather like this. for wide open coverage, TNT was still horrible. Wally and Kyle seemed so bored in the booth.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While it seemed a strange race in some ways, it was entertaining. I give it at 8 out of 10.

IMHO, the TNT coverage made a big difference as the race had continuity since you got to see all of the green flag laps. It actually felt like you were watching a race, not filler between commercials. That made it entertaining. It wasn't like that other network where you came back from a commercial to learn that the leader when they left (5 minutes ago) was now 21st without an explanation. They also used a lot of wide camera shots so you could see what was happening in the pack.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I give it a 6.

It had some good points, but you can set your watch to late race yellow flags at plate tracks.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    7-8/10. It was worth staying up for and the last 10 laps were exciting, but seeing so much of the field get bundled up put a damper on it for me.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    7-8/10. It was worth staying up for and the last 10 laps were exciting, but seeing so much of the field get bundled up put a damper on it for me.
    That's how I felt. The Big one really sucked. Also, I had Jamie Mac in my "suicide" pool and his 39th really kicked me in the privates with 8 races before the chase.

For a Plate Race, it was pretty good until the big one...

Kudo's to Shrubbie for still being an idiot, Kudo's to Harvick for his smarts, Kudo's to Jr. for being lucky and Kudo's to TNT for a pretty decent broadcast.

I don't know what show y'all were watching, but I prefer TNT to Fox or ESPN/ABC. TNT tries new angles, and Kyle And Wally do just fine as far as I am concerned. DW and Larry MAC all the time just wear you down, where as part time Larry Mac with TNT is more effective. ABC/ESPN? Well, I just hate most of what they do with racing. Their Nationwide coverage is insufferable, and their Cup coverage is only tolerable because I like the three guys in the booth..but that only goes so far...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    TNT had great coverage but I have to say, Ralph Saheen is a goeber.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    TNT had great coverage but I have to say, Ralph Saheen is a goeber.
    Ralph is alright....better than Jack Arute is in Indycar coverage. You want to talk gomers....he is the king of them.

Phil Parsons in my mind was the best pit reporter they had on the TNT broadcast...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".