Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never said he didnt have talent Mark but its hard for a guy who doesnt get much seat time to compete against the full time drivers.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I'm not saying that IS the reason. I have no idea what the real reason is. But it is weird. I mean, they parked that other guy (or had a word with him and he then stopped driving) a year or so back.
    Stanton Barrett?
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Stanton Barrett?
    Yeah, I think that's the one. I wasn't really paying any attention to individual races back then. Was he any worse than Milka?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    I know she will pass cars. I think she will get a top 5 tomorrow. I feel its her time to shine on the road courses.
    You are really kidding, right? How far up she goes depends on who crashes out in front of her - and if she keeps it on the pavement.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, I think that's the one. I wasn't really paying any attention to individual races back then. Was he any worse than Milka?
    he basically bought his team to race, but he gave plenty of room when he was being lapped, he was running the same times around Milka, but it was his first year in the IRL also, remember he was in Nascar too
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honestly, I dont expect to see much from Paul Tracy at this race.

Sorry, but given your track record at making race predictions, this has very little weight.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I never said he didnt have talent Mark but its hard for a guy who doesnt get much seat time to compete against the full time drivers.

So last year when he finished AHEAD of Danica at the Glen, he had no shot right? How about his running in the top 5 the first time he went to Edmonton with the IRL? Ya...PT running part time will do ok. Trust me on that one. HE qualified 10th.

What you don't understand DF is PT in his prime was as fast as anyone you see at the top of the grid, and while he isn't a full time driver now, he is probably in better physical condition than he ever has, and unlike some guys getting past 40, PT has lost very little of his nerve....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    What you don't understand DF is PT in his prime was as fast as anyone you see at the top of the grid, and while he isn't a full time driver now, he is probably in better physical condition than he ever has, and unlike some guys getting past 40, PT has lost very little of his nerve....
    Not to mention that instinct that make so many of them a little better than the others......He's hungry!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know she will pass cars. I think she will get a top 5 tomorrow. I feel its her time to shine on the road courses.
    your not for real..

Question for the mods: is it ok for some intern sitting in a cubicle of the brands marketing machine to come to this forum and post rediculous things about a certain driver for no other reason than 'keeping her name out there'?

IMO it cheapens the forum.... The longer it goes on the more rediculous it has become
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Barrett's IRL team (3G Racing) was very low budget and sometimes ran questionable equipment. He only entered 6 races and started 4. (DNQ at Indy, DNS at Milwaukee). Barrett left the IRL basically because he ran out of funding.

Barrett is primarily a part-time NASCAR driver with his own very low budget team - sometimes quick enough to qualify there, but running mostly at the back. Even there, his equipment isn't very good but he does ok with what he has. Better than a highly touted IRL newcomer to Nationwide

Roth on the other hand was just slow but seemed to think he was competitive so he really got in everyone's way. He also spun a LOT on road courses, messing up practice for everyone else. In that respect, Roth was probably worse than Milka.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true