Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF facebook!?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTF facebook!?

last year my facebook was suspended for no apparent reason, i wasn't really active on facebook much back then, so i didn't try to do anything about it for awhile, but i eventually figured i should try to get my account re-activated becouse i knew i had done nothing wrong, obveasly facebook doesn't like to hear from its users becouse when i looked on facebook for a email adress to contact them i found that they didn't have a listed email adress anywhere on the site, but i searched the web and finally found a facebook email adress for apeals, so i sent a message asking why my account had been suspended and a couple of weeks later i got a email back saying they had re-activated my account, but they couldn't offer any info as to why it was suspended, but the email mentioned that remaining active on my account could prevent that from happening,

anyways for a few months now, i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook, with a fair amount accepting my friend requests,

all has been well until now, i just got a message awhile ago when trying to send a friend request:

Block! You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users.
    You have been blocked from adding friends because you repeatedly misused this feature. This block will last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. When you are allowed to reuse this feature, please proceed with caution. Further misuse may result in your account being permanently disabled.
    anyone know what the FB protocol is for how many friend requests you should sent out in a certin peariod of time?

NOTE: although it says that i "repeatedly misuded this feature" i never recived any kinda warning about it before that i know of
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'd guess that you've been adding people that you don't know and a lot of them have ignored or reported you for being creepy.

Mind you I've got a completely fake account on FB for some random bloke called Barry Fullalove and haven't had any trouble adding randoms, although that could be because I joined a Mafia Wars group to add more people to my mob.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Barry Fullalove? OH I BET YOU ARE.....say no MORE!!!!!!!
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    most of the people who i have been adding are people who posted in diffront "add me" groups,

but i think facebook monitors how many friend friend requests you send, and your methods of finding people, and rather they accept or ignore,

according to the facebook FAQ theres no set limit for friend requsts, but all of the above are determaning factors,

i think they should just have a set limit per day
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Barry Fullalove? OH I BET YOU ARE.....say no MORE!!!!!!!
    You leave Barry alone, he's a good bloke. Had a bit of car trouble this week though, he reversed his Volvo into some old lady in a supermarket car park and it doesn't look pretty. Apparently he's riding a bike until he can claim from the old lady's estate.

Barry just suffered the same problem as wade. He was only trying to add people also called Fullalove, the poor lad's week gets worse and worse.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Fullasomething, that's for sure
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade91
    know what the FB protocol is for how many friend requests you should sent out in a certin peariod of time?
    It probably doesn't have anything to do with how many requests you send.

It is most likely due to the number of people reporting/blocking you.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Awww, isn't this sweet. Our little Wade has grown up and become a stalker.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wade, if you want a number, the number is 2 (for example). No more than two new Facebook friends per day, so choose wisely before you send a friend request.

How's that?

Btw, what is quite a bit of time? As in: " i've spent quite a bit of time searching for, and friend requesting alot of hot girls on facebook," ??