Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to DeLana

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    She does own the Nationwide team, if I'm not mistaken.

She is the listed owner but, it's really Kevin's team.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    dont tell Kevin that. Kevin will look over the team and who he wants as drivers and the crew, but Delana does looks over everything, because Kevin doesnt really have the time to do it
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    dont tell Kevin that. Kevin will look over the team and who he wants as drivers and the crew, but Delana does looks over everything, because Kevin doesnt really have the time to do it

Well if Kevin doesn't have enough time to run his team, then I'm sure he doesn't have enough time to listen to me tell him "that".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kevin says it's hers. Boy, for somebody who has strong opinions about the Harvicks, you don't know much about them.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't have strong opinions about the Harvick's. I have strong opinions about Joey Logano.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Fact is, Joey is still a kid and makes kiddie statements.

He has talent but hasn't learned how to use it yet. Time will tell if he learns enough to become known as one of the great drivers.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Fact is, Joey is still a kid and makes kiddie statements.

He has talent but hasn't learned how to use it yet. Time will tell if he learns enough to become known as one of the great drivers.
    Well said

Believe it or not, I like Joey- and if he ever learns racing etiquette he's gonna be very tough to beat. Hell, he's the ONLY driver the last two years that could take it to shrubbie week in and week out especially in the Nationwide series, My guy Kevin has come close driving his own stuff, but it was Joey who had Shrub all p/o'd last year with all the P2 finishes in Natwide...

That said:

I got lambasted by several on here when Kevin dumped him at Bristol because I had been paying attention to what DSPN wouldn't show us. Thank God for live leaderboard. Kevin had been 2-3 tenths faster a lap than Joey, in fact had been faster than the leader but a bad pit stop had gotten him mired in the back half of the top 10. Harvick went motoring by some pretty top shelf cup drivers that were in the race- his nemesis Cuz Carl included, and then he got to Logano...and got blocked for more than 25 consecutive laps...By Kevin's own admission he dive bombed it in there on the last lap and it didn't stick...and Joey got punted, sux to be him.

All Stop.

Fast forward to Pocono. If I wasn't watching Harvick's channel on DTV hot pass I may not have known what was going on.

Kevin, this time between .5 and .75 sec a lap faster catches up too Joey, who is still p/o'd about Bristol, and he pinched Kevin down on lap 197 going into turn 3, and Kev STILL passed him on the straight away. Joey fought back high in turn 1 of lap 198 (cool move in my book) and the were side by side down Long Pond and Joey again kept him down tight going through the tunnel, causing Harvick to get loose and have to lift as they came up off (Harvick said that on the radio-and Logano unwittingly confirmed when he said "I heard him let off in the straight away") then they got to turn 3...all the grip is on that patch in the middle and Kevin apparently already had his mind made up that he was going to use that patch to his advantage so he could clear Joey down the frontstretch and not have to mess with him anymore.....
    The overhead camera shot shows what happened next and the rest is history.

Joey will learn eventually....

It took Kevin several to learn and I guarantee you if this was 2002 you would NOT have read muggle not taking up for Harvick.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    No...not really. Delana isn't a figurehead Steven. You hear an interview with her, and you realize the most in touch women in NASCAR in terms of understanding the sport are Delana and Kelleye Earnhardt over at JR Motorsports...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool Delana Harvick fires back

"But the more I thought about it later, I was kind of like, well, if I had my way with Kevin, I would like to have him take me out to a nice dinner or maybe give me a back rub or an ankle rub. Having him wreck Joey Logano wouldn't even make my radar screen if I had almighty control over Kevin."
    LOL nice comeback, D

The full article goes on to explain why she wears a firesuit in the first place, and why she doesn't alot of times in the Natwide and Truck series.

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/head...ono/index.html
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Well said

It took Kevin several to learn and I guarantee you if this was 2002 you would NOT have read muggle not taking up for Harvick.
    You can say that again. I was anything BUT a Kevin Harvick fan. Over the years though I came to like what Harvick has developed into. Now, I am a fan of his. I still like Gordon and Jr but Kevin is also one of my favorites.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente