Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Banned?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Nice post. You're quite right, this is only a forum for us to talk about motorsport, it is indeed supposed to be fun! Somewhere you come to unwind after the serious business of the day.

Thankfully the moderators don't do it for pay, and the money from the ads? It ain't all that, if it were then I certainly wouldn't be doing a real job for a living!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    pino does a great job here. I have no problems with him, and I am glad here is here. Thanks pino. Sorry for being an ass myself sometimes, I just get carried away.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I don't care who you are or what you have done in your life, and for sure I don't need you to tell me what to do in here or especially how I have to deal with members like you. I've been reading your crap and complaints for months now and I have no intention to keep doing that. You want to have fun and be funny ? fine, start a thread in chit chat and post what ever you want there, but keep me or any other Mods off your post. You want to complain about me or any other Mods? fine, do it in here in a civil and serious way without using your famous "humour" thank you !

Also I agree about slordy1, so how about you only visit his forum and stay the hell out of F1 and Chit-Chat ?
    my only "complaint" about you is as I told you over the months in an indirect way, much like slordy1 has been indirect to me, is that you do not seem to have any fun. And that complaint has only been made a couple of times by me.

But someone who can not laugh at and about themselves, as I frequently do, esp. in a forum like this--well that is not my problem, although there are some posters who seem to have plenty of those issues.

poor slordy, when he saw that last comment, probably tossed all over his keyboard.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Nice post. You're quite right, this is only a forum for us to talk about motorsport, it is indeed supposed to be fun! Somewhere you come to unwind after the serious business of the day.

Thankfully the moderators don't do it for pay, and the money from the ads? It ain't all that, if it were then I certainly wouldn't be doing a real job for a living!
    I actually figure that you are doing it to enjoy it....thanks

Also, I have never said pino does a "bad" job, indeed just the opposite on many occaisions over the years

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think all the mods do a good job and the F1 forum seems to be the one with more nastiness than the others I follow.
    We are allowed quite a bit of freedom in Chit Chat, certainly more than in other areas on this forum. I do think that is as it should be but we do have to stay within reasonable bounds.
    I for one do appreciate the work the mods and Mark do, even if Starter won't let me use my favourite description for the taxi cabs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From my experiences here, the mods at this forum do a LIGHT YEARS better job then a few of the other racing forums out there do.

Maybe the noob that runs a certain Indy Car-centric racing forum (who spends most of the day talking politics and hassling anyone who doesn't kiss his ass or believe in what he thinks is correct) could learn a few things from the people here. Then again, I don't think he has the mental capability of understanding anyway.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    poor slordy, when he saw that last comment, probably tossed all over his keyboard.
    Worse than that...my WIFE'S keyboard

My computer tossed it's own cookies (pun intended) a a few weeks ago

I appreciate the fact that you see that yes, I do love running the nascar forum. It's probably because I have the easiest job on MSF. Just don't believe that Pino doesn't love running his forum any less. It's just that the F1 forum is a much busier place because F1 is a worldwide sport and NASCAR is only a national sport with some international fans. I don't envy Pino because it does get rough in there, very rough indeed. I try to stay out of the day to day scuffles because Pino knows who's who and where they are coming from, and I don't. I do notice from the torrent of reported posts (9 of every 10 reports seem to be coming from the F1 forum) that it's the same 4 or 5 people cross reporting each other for some of the most trivial of slights, which then end up a big "food fight" with everyone piling to see who can get the best insult in before a) the instigator and usually the primary retaliator (is that a word?) gets a vacation, and b) Pino spends a couple of hours cleaning up the thread and ends up having to lock it anyway. Although I almost wish I'd have that problem, as it's been dead in the nascar forum this year, I am glad I don't.

Starter doesn't have it particulary easy either. Since becoming a mod I have been given access to the closed Champ Car forum, and after seeing just how vitriolic the posts got to be in there about the IRL, and looking at the older posts in the Indy car forum, I can see that the feelings were mutual. Some times Starter has been accused of being a little heavy handed. It seems to me he has been spot on and exactly what was needed to bring the two sides together into one united Indy Car forum. It can get a little heated at times, yes, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been once the two series merged back into one.

As for Mark-If it werent for Mark we'd have no place to go, figuratively, of course. He gets next to nothing for doing this and this whole ball game is his ballgame. 10 years strong and still kicking. So he must be doing something right

As for lil ole me, I have inherited a forum that is a ghost of it's former self. There was a time that the NASCAR forum almost rivaled the F1 forum for posts and threads per day, now you go up and down the front page and most of the threads were started by me. I'm trying to bring it back, but I can only do so much by myself. This "deadness" has alowed me a certain amount of latitude in being a little more light hearted, and not having to "ride herd", if you will, by contatntly issuing warnings and bans for people slamming each other all the time. Heck the one time I did that I found out that I had screwed up badly and hadda eat it. But I guarentee you if I had a situation similar to Pino's I'd handle it exactly the same way he does. He and Starter are the two Mods that I go to for advice on Modding because they have two of the toughest jobs in here, I get to kinda skate a little bit

OK, enough of this stuff, time for a I gotta get some shut eye, 0-Dark-30 come around real early in these parts got work to do in the morning.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    Worse than that...my WIFE'S keyboard

not my fault...send the bill to Pino for a new one. He should have known better.

While I am sure I am the target for many a whiner, I seldom complain about any posters around here in those "reports", but now that you mention it, I am certain that there are massive amounts of complaining in those reports, with my name being frequent as a target.

Besides, as something you can appreciate, I look as those reports as being the same as filing a criminal or civil case against someone.

An old lawyer friend of mine once told me that in an assault case (civil or criminal), 99% of the time, he can not tell who started it, but he always knows who lost, and that is the complainer. Had a point, as no one puts another guy in the hospital with a good butt kicking, and then runs down and files a complaint or sues him.......

another thing is when he was appointed a city court judge handling minor offenses and traffic tickets. He described that as a combination of a job where he had the most fun, the least fun, greatest pleasure and the biggest headache, best job and the worst job, as he often found himself acting as moderator between neighbors and former friends fighting over something often trivial, but both being to the point of killing mad at each other. His ultimate solution was to just let them fight it out in his courtroom, until they were realizing how silly they were and they never came back.

When he did it different, handed out a harsh shut up, fined them both and all sorts of other stuff....sooner or later something else happenned and they were back....

another thing was a ticket i got from a certain officer somebody, who totally PO me, so I ended up in his court, where he gently pulled out of me the fact that I was not really saying I was innocent but just PO'd. He told me that this was often the case with this officer, and that he had more trials with him, then any other.

Indeed, one day he asked the chief about who was writing the most tickets, figuring it must be this guy since he was the most in his court, and then chief told him that of traffic officers writing traffic tickets, he wrote the fewest. The officer writing the most, by far, as in twice as many as any officer, was some guy that he had never met. As he told me, he questioned the logic of having that guy deal with trivial offenses in terms of the public image of the department, as distinquished from murders and such, where grandma and grandpa, preachers and everyone else, was running down and filing internal affairs complaints over the fact that this guy gave them a ticket about a stop sign

After that we became buds, but a couple of years ago, he caught swine flu, and before anyone really knew it, he had died. Some number of years ago, the officer that was the leader in writing tickets where nobody fussed, stopped a guy for running a stop sign, and was shot dead as he approached the car by a guy previously convicted of murdering his parents and then jumping parole from Minnesota. Sort of puts things in perspective.....

As to Scott Speed, looked over in the IRL section where the thread is about Speed, and Starter and somebody were at it over whatever.....but as some know, scottie was my hero, but when I saw him a couple or years ago, he did not give me the time of day, hadesfire, he did not even say hello!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the mods around here do a terrible job........ Baniel is still allowed to post