Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Leader

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe

On Friday May 27, at the White House Jewish Heritage Celebration, Helen Thomas, the “Dean” of the White House Press Corps, answered a journalist’s request for an opinion on Israel:

“Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine. Remember, these people are occupied and it’s their land…not German and not Poland.”

“So, where should they go?”

“Go home. Poland, Germany.”

“So, you think the Jews should go back to Poland and Germany?”

“And America and everywhere else.”
    And I agree. Poland and Germany in 2010 aren't the same as they were in 1942. Returning would be safe. The wish for other refugees, at least here in Finland, seems to be the conditions in their countries of origin get safe so they could return home some day.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    And I agree. Poland and Germany in 2010 aren't the same as they were in 1942. Returning would be safe. The wish for other refugees, at least here in Finland, seems to be the conditions in their countries of origin get safe so they could return home some day.
    And as she is of Lebanese decent, then she should go back to Lebanon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    And as she is of Lebanese decent, then she should go back to Lebanon.
    thanks for that contribution, pocahontas

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Ha! That's what I call an experiment. As history is a long chain of conquests and migratory waves just imagine how interesting it would be to follow that woman's advice and that everybody return to his roots....Living like gipsies in caravans...Leaving our homes, careers, friends, packing all our stuff and going back to where our ancestors used to live....Leaving USA and let it to what remained from indian population....

Starting with myself I announce you that tomorrow morning I'll leave for Greece. Just with my clothes on, the way that my parents families came to Romania in 1925 and how they were forced to leave that territory for another area in 1940.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo
    Ha! That's what I call an experiment. As history is a long chain of conquests and migratory waves just imagine how interesting it would be to follow that woman's advice and that everybody return to his roots....Living like gipsies in caravans...Leaving our homes, careers, friends, packing all our stuff and going back to where our ancestors used to live....Leaving USA and let it to what remained from indian population....

Starting with myself I announce you that tomorrow morning I'll leave for Greece. Just with my clothes on, the way that my parents families came to Romania in 1925 and how they were forced to leave that territory for another area in 1940.
    Wow, Just think how crowed Europe, Asia and Africa with be when all go back where they came from.
    The Americas will be empty as the American Indians will have to go back to Asia.
    I guess SOD will have crawl back into what ever hole he came out of.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We could draw the limit so that everybody return to the countries where they were born. Helen Thomas was born in Winchester, Kentucky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    According to Finnish TV, Israel is now allowing cola drinks and potato chips/crisps to Gaza again. Wow, that should keep the Palestinians alive. Unless Hamas makes cola powered potato chip rockets out of them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    We could draw the limit so that everybody return to the countries where they were born. Helen Thomas was born in Winchester, Kentucky.
    If thats the case, I'd guess the vast majority of the "Palestinian refugees" aren't really Palestinian. I'd also guess the majority of Israelis are Israeli. You might be on to something here Eki.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rani
    She said jews should go 'back home' to Germany and Poland. I don't consider it an anti-semitic remark, but rather one that conviniently forgets what made some jews run away from those places. She was in her twenties during WW2 ffs!

Not directly linked (or maybe it is, I haven't been following her), I think a lot of anti-semites hide their hatred toward jews behind hatred towards Israel which is more PC nowadays. Her comment wasn't anti-semitic per se, but showed a huge amount of hate for a large group of people nontheless.
    OK, after reading the transcript, I can understand the objection to her comments. Touche. Perhaps Helen Thomas might want to enter politics, though it's late in life. Wonder if she'd like to be the next governor of Arizona?

As for anti-Semites also hating Israel, I'm sure that is the case. It would stand to reason that a person who doesn't like Jews wouldn't like Israel. I don't think anyone would take issue with that. What I take issue with is the near automatic assumption on the part of radical Zionists that anyone who isn't pro-Zionist is anti-Semtic. It's a cheap debate strategy, based solely on emotion. And even though it is effective, it is illogical: Every pistol is a gun, but not every gun is a pistol.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero 5.7
    If thats the case, I'd guess the vast majority of the "Palestinian refugees" aren't really Palestinian. I'd also guess the majority of Israelis are Israeli. You might be on to something here Eki.
    30% of Jews and other non-Arabs in Israel are foreign born. That's about 2 million people. They could leave and make room for the return of Palestinian refugees.