Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Daniel, I don't know why you persist in calling my car an oversized shopping trolly in the hope that it will annoy me because I think my car is the bees knees. I never bought my car for it's performance abilities, I bought it because I quite liked it's looks for the price. If it had come with a smaller engine it would have suited me better. I know full well it's the worst car in it's class and is a jumed up go kart but I didn't buy it because it was good or cool but because I liked it and can afford the 38mpg to run it. I've never bought any car I've owed because it was good or cool, I just buy cars I like the look of. It's just a girl thing and men shouldn't try and fathom the logic of it because you never will.

You still can't sell me on the Legacy even after watching the video's. Mind you, I would take the Legacy over the 500 everytime given the choice. Like you say, it's all a matter of personal tastes.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Daniel, I don't know why you persist in calling my car an oversized shopping trolly in the hope that it will annoy me because I think my car is the bees knees. I never bought my car for it's performance abilities, I bought it because I quite liked it's looks for the price. If it had come with a smaller engine it would have suited me better. I know full well it's the worst car in it's class and is a jumed up go kart but I didn't buy it because it was good or cool but because I liked it and can afford the 38mpg to run it. I've never bought any car I've owed because it was good or cool, I just buy cars I like the look of. It's just a girl thing and men shouldn't try and fathom the logic of it because you never will.

You still can't sell me on the Legacy even after watching the video's. Mind you, I would take the Legacy over the 500 everytime given the choice. Like you say, it's all a matter of personal tastes.
    You're the one that made the blanket statement that the Legacy is neither cool nor desirable non?

I could easily afford to run the Subaru with it's ~25mpg thirst and did for about 6 months last year but I don't see the point. It was probably an extra Ł100 a month just to drive a car which was better at overtaking and doing 70 all the way home.

People don't drive small engined cars because they're poor, they drive them because they've got better things to do than to send silly amount of money to Shell and BP for little gain.

At the end of the day if you can't understand if someone would polybush their front end, put stainless steel brakelines on etc etc then perhaps this isn't the thread for you? You seem happy to spend extra money to drive around in something just because you could get a stripe with it yet you don't understand why someone would spend money on making their car more enjoyable for themselves?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think it's the desire to do up a Legacy that I just can't get my head around. There are plenty of other cars mentioned in this thread that sound like good and interesting projects to me. Like you say, personal taste and all that but then again you are Daniel and you are always right.

My project if I had one would probably be a Stratos and yes I know it would probably never work.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think it's the desire to do up a Legacy that I just can't get my head around. There are plenty of other cars mentioned in this thread that sound like good and interesting projects to me. Like you say, personal taste and all that but then again you are Daniel and you are always right.

My project if I had one would probably be a Stratos and yes I know it would probably never work.
    My issue is that you came on here and pretty much slagged off Caroline's car. Sure it's not what you like, but I don't like Jag Warrior's Jag, but you don't see me going "Why would you bother?" "it's not cool or desirable" or something similar?

I almost didn't post in this thread for fear of some ignorant jerk making the comments that you did. I wish I hadn't and that I'd let a rather interesting thread die
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sorry Mr Right. It's OK for you to slag off mine on numerous occassions though because your Daniel and your way or the highway.

Anyway back on topic guys. You cans can get back to posting pictures of your bits....that your gonna fit that is.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sorry Mr Right. It's OK for you to slag off mine on numerous occassions though because your Daniel and your way or the highway.

Anyway back on topic guys. You cans can get back to posting pictures of your bits....that your gonna fit that is.
    *sigh*

Whatever. It's clear to everyone that you came on here and slagged off someone's choice of car and what they're doing with it and then complained like a baby when someone chose to justify their choice and defend it.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Girls -- both of you. You both have nice cars. End of. Now play nice.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    My old man has this sat in the garage:

And in a much earlier photo which we got after getting in contact with a previous owner:

It's not really a big project but after he got it he needed to respray the cycle wings and also fitted a different engine. He largely uses it for driving to Italy so beefed up to a 1275cc A series with a Sierra 5 speed 'box which makes it less scary on motorways and generally more useable for touring. My parents will be off around Europe in it in a few weeks and we'll also be heading down to the Le Mans Classic in it in July.

Before that he had a little Austin 7 Special which was great fun. At the insistence of my brother it had a straight through exhaust so made a fantastic noise but topped out at about 55mph. We fully stripped this one back, took the engine out to try and cure an oil leak and did a DIY respray. It was a sad day when he had to sell it:

You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Sure it's not what you like, but I don't like Jag Warrior's Jag, but you don't see me going "Why would you bother?" "it's not cool or desirable" or something similar?
    How did I get drug into this?

Actually the 5.3 V12 isn't a car, it's just an engine that I bought years ago. The original 5.3 in the XJS runs just fine (last time I started it anyway). Gran Turismo Jaguar was going to build the 5.3 that I bought into a 6 liter+ fire breathing monster with about 600 horsepower, mated to a 6 speed tranny. Luckily they went out of business before I gave them the go and ended up going broke on that project.

I was still in Work Hard & Party Harder mode when I bought the XJS roughly 20 years ago. And as best I can recall (memories of many of my "back in the day" weekends are a bit foggy for various reasons ), the old XJS was quite cool and desirable in its (our?) day. When a hot girl ignored you IN the bar, but let you take her home when she saw your car OUTSIDE the bar, it instantly passed the cool & desirable test in my book. Hey, I didn't say that I was anything BUT superficial and opportunistic back in those days. :

It's not a "project car"(yet), but I like the looks of my XJS - I've always liked them. I like the looks of my '05 XK8 too, but I don't like the newer XK's (post 2005 I believe is when they put the Mazda face on them). I don't like what they've done to the new XJ(8) either. And the XF looks like a (really nice) Volvo to me. Nothing at all wrong with Volvos, but that's not what a Jaguar should look like, IMO.

I used to post on tuner boards where guys with Evos and tarted up Hondas would slag on WRX's and STI's. And a guy on another board I'm on now bashes Jags and BMW's constantly (and anything else that's not a Porsche... including Ferraris). It's all good to me. Just part of the game of promoting the marques that are our favorites... and ribbing those that aren't.

Evos suck, BTW.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    How did I get drug into this?
    You got dragged into this just because

Anyhoo back on topic, what stuff have you done to your Impreza? I notice you mentioned brakes, suspension and engine on the other thread