Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On Autosport Bernie's quoted as saying that he's working to try to secure the future for HRT - for the rest of the season. So, if they really are slower than the GP2 cars here then this might be their last appearance.

I remember the race that Couthard got stuck behind Bernoldi - I remember Ron Dennis and even Murray Walker yelling saying Bernoldi should move over. But it's a flippin' race and he had track position! That sort of stuff always annoys me. Actually, the only time I can remember being annoyed more is when Schumacher mentioned once after a race that maybe the Arrows in 6th place should have let him past as he was in a championship battle and could do with the points - it was pretty much Arrows' only points of the season!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I think the comparison between Dallara's GP2 and F1 car most of all shows, how restrictive current F1 rules are compared to mere feeder spec-series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I must admit I've always found it strange that F1 cars have 2.4 litre engines while GP2s have 4 litres. Now I know that the GP2 engine is probably a lot more detuned (if that's the correct word) than an F1 engine, and the F1 engines will all be more powerful (although with stupid rev limits and engine freezes the F1 motors aren't exactly pushing the envelope anymore )
    There are a lot of variables that go into engine building: maximum revs, cylinder heat flow rate, valve diameter, valve lift, valve timing, camshaft weight, camshaft driver weight, crankshaft weight, connecting rod weight, piston weight, combustion chamber shape, compression ratio, exhaust manifold shape, intake manifold shape, fuel injector flow rate, fuel pump pressure, oil pump pressure, throttle body diameter, collant jacket location, ignition timing, and fuel quality just to name a few.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    DC was stuck behind Bernoldi but not dead last.
    Damir Dokic claimed that he could drive faster than Bernoldi.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Damir Dokic claimed that he could drive faster than Bernoldi.
    BUT tht race behind bernoldi, DC was at his best . he tried every corner , very lap to pass. couldnt do anything but watch the and admire bernoldi's bck. Benoldi would have noticed each and every wrinkle, dark spots, pimples on DC face. by watching him closely in the mirror.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.