Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    Mobile in NZ
    www.vodafone.co.nz
    www.telecom.co.nz/mobile
    www.2degreesmobile.co.nz
    www.telstraclear.co.nz

I would think the point of travelling to NZ is to escape your stateside life for a while, could you leave the mobile at home ?
    It would be for work...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Mobile in NZ
    www.vodafone.co.nz
    www.telecom.co.nz/mobile
    www.2degreesmobile.co.nz
    www.telstraclear.co.nz

I would think the point of travelling to NZ is to escape your stateside life for a while, could you leave the mobile at home ?
    Suggesting to an American of his socio-economic class that they might possibly survive even a few hours without all the toys and playthings which every one without fail load themselves down with is worse than sacrilege.
    It's un-patriotic.
    Its provocation!

Of course you realise, sir, that this means WAR!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Suggesting to an American of his socio-economic class that they might possibly survive even a few hours without all the toys and playthings which every one without fail load themselves down with is worse than sacrilege.
    It's un-patriotic.
    Its provocation!

Of course you realise, sir, that this means WAR!

Couldn't resist taking a shot eh?

I would be going there for work. Being able to communicate with people would be required, only having to keep track of one device between here and there would be nice.

For someone that loves to tell people to call him on the phone so much, and has to be on it for their job, I thought you might have understood that.

Maybe you failed to read and comprehend that reply.
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    Couldn't resist taking a shot eh?

I would be going there for work. Being able to communicate with people would be required, only having to keep track of one device between here and there would be nice.

For someone that loves to tell people to call him on the phone so much, and has to be on it for their job, I thought you might have understood that.

Maybe you failed to read and comprehend that reply.
    I was defending you against the mean Ned Zedder,
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    L5- I mistook you for a Mid-West prepper looking to vacation in a new frontier.
    There is rabbit calici disease in NZ, so Bugs Bunny is well advised to be immunised for rcd if he were to visit these shores.

The forum to checkout for mobile etc in NZ is www.geekzone.co.nz

I try to be green rather than mean.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    L5- I mistook you for a Mid-West prepper looking to vacation in a new frontier.
    There is rabbit calici disease in NZ, so Bugs Bunny is well advised to be immunised for rcd if he were to visit these shores.

The forum to checkout for mobile etc in NZ is www.geekzone.co.nz

Believe me, if I could come down for a vacation the only piece of technology I'd be bringing would be my camera gear and a boat load of memory cards so the computer could stay states side.

A friend is in the final stage of financing for a new media start up that would have us traveling to Ireland, Spain, New Zealand, and possibly either Bulgaria or Yemen next year.

Thanks for the geekzone suggestion, I'll look around over there, but with there being Vodafone services the 4g service should be LTE, its just a matter of when it would roll out (its a race for providers here states side to make it happen, not sure how competitive/high demand cellular data technologies are down there).
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

That's the spirit!
    Add to that "better Red than dead", and "you aren't right if you aren't Left" and things'll be allright.

And that was mighty nice of you to warn Buggs, I'll pass it along..
    That was sportsmanship; wouldn't want to win just cause he was sick....
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi everybody,

I passed my engineer degree with success 3 weeks ago, which is an important step for my professionnal career.

Now, I spend a lot of time to organize my travel to NZ and especially in motorsport.
    Like you said, it's difficult to find any paying job in rally in NZ, so I have a proposition which can interested some teams maybe: If it's possible I can follow a team and help as much as possible as a volunteer.
    In this way, I will continu to learn skills in motorsport, discover rally in NZ, meet a lot of people in this field.

The hard work now is to find the best place in NZ to work and for rally: everything is beautiful !
    I think Auckland and Wellington are the best place to find any job because of their size and population. But I'm not a big fan of big city, 5 years in Paris when you are from mountains is really hard !
    Moreover I want to fly to NZ to live close to the nature not in a big town.

So as a "Kiwi" you can maybe give me some advice and good place to live.

Thank for your advices

Victor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all,

It's been a long time since I didn't read this topic.

So, to give you some news about my trip to NZ, I will arrived the 16th of February in Auckland to start my new life

At this time, I don't know how long I will stay in Auckland: it will depends on job opportunities, place to live and of course how I feel there.

I didn't search any roommate opportunities yet because a friend of mine who lived there 2 years, said that it's better to search something 2 weeks before the flight, to be sure to have something.
    Anyway, If you have some advices, don't hesistate to post this here

Moreover, does anybody know some team near Auckland ? In rally or V8 maybe ? I know that most of the events are in the North Island so Auckland might be the perfect place.

At the beginning, it would be a volunteer job, to know each other, learn the job and meet people there. I really dream to work in motorsport in NZ, I have a great experience in it.

Well, one month left before leaving France, last Monte Carlo next week and an other rally as a codriver after. Perfect way to say goodbye !

Thank in advance for your help !

Best regards

Victor

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    It is not easy going from a big place like Europe to a distant small labour market, as in NZ. I have a friend here in Australia, who after working for Toyota Team Europe, found it hard to find paid work back here. He was badly burnt by the experience of working for a V8 Supercar team and was considered over skilled for many regular mechanical engineering jobs. Now he is maintaining cars in a stunt show at an Australian theme park.

Just do not give up hope. Expect to have motorsport engineering as a hobby for the most part in the beggining and enjoy the sporting and social nature of it all. Once the links are made, you will get the chances to do other things. Goodness knows, I never expected myself to have done what I have done in my life and with the sport. Do not forget to try to keep September free and vacant for a trip to Australia for the WRC. The Tasman Sea is a small lake to cross for many of us Aussies and Kiwis following our beloved sport.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"