Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Discontent at Ferrari?

Nothing concrete to base this on, apart from denials of a rift from Luca, Fernando and Felipe.

The car is obviously a strong contender but the drivers and management decisions are letting Ferrari down at the moment.

Now, I'm not saying Luca, Fernando and Felipe are covering up an element of disquiet but I would be interested to know what the Tifosi feel about this incompetence, so reminiscent of the pre-Schumacher days.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Engine reliability is the only problem for Ferrari at the moment, all the rest is media speculation. At Ferrari they are all united (as never before) to achieve best results, believe me
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    With rumours (unsubstantiated) of Kubica joining Ferrari, and of there being an 'edge' between Massa and Alonso I wonder how Massa will respond.

Yes they're rumours, yes they're (as yet) unfounded, but I've always suspected that Felipe needs to know he has the full support of the team at all times. There was no doubt about that after his accident and subsequent recovery, but all this kind of talk may unsettle him somewhat.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    It seems likely that either Alonso or Massa will leave Ferrari at the end of this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    It seems likely that either Alonso or Massa will leave Ferrari at the end of this year.
    I don't think either will leave Ferrari and here's why I feel that way. Alonso has the upper hand and is by far the better of the two in fact Alonso has shown why he's the best driver on the grid in the last four races especially driving a broken car and with the false start last week.

If Massa goes which would make the most logic choice his replacement is Kubica. He's a taller driver so Ferrari has to modify his car whereas Massa and Alonso share similar heights.

While it's been reported Kubica and Alonso are good friends, Kubica is IMO and those of others a top 5-7 driver. He has the skill to beat Fernando. The only thing that helps Fernando is the fire and killer instinct to win. Sterling Moss chose Fernando and Hamilton as just a few of the drivers on the grid who he classifies as racers and not drivers.

I think Ferrari should think long and hard and keep both of the current drivers because Felipe is as good as any other driver on the grid. The only thing he lacks is what Fernando has and that's a killer instinct.

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    C'mon folks, you mean to tell me that many of you didn't see this coming, especially when Alonso signed on the dotted line?

Up next, handbags at 20 paces...
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    With rumours (unsubstantiated) of Kubica joining Ferrari, and of there being an 'edge' between Massa and Alonso I wonder how Massa will respond.

Yes they're rumours, yes they're (as yet) unfounded, but I've always suspected that Felipe needs to know he has the full support of the team at all times. There was no doubt about that after his accident and subsequent recovery, but all this kind of talk may unsettle him somewhat.
    Alonso has a long deal with Ferrari and Massa very soon will renew his contract so no place for Kubica. If and when the 3rd car arrives it will be for Valentino
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veeten
    C'mon folks, you mean to tell me that many of you didn't see this coming, especially when Alonso signed on the dotted line?

Up next, handbags at 20 paces...
    Well, I guess the real truth about Fernando will come out before long if this does become an issue.

Be a shame if Fred had all the unreliability this year, wouldn't it....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

[quote="ArrowsFA1"]

And you know of a driver that doesn't?

Apart from Niki Lauda I can't think of one past or present who didn't.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    And you know of a driver that doesn't?

Apart from Niki Lauda I can't think of one past or present who didn't.
    There's having the full support of your team (and why would a team pay a driver millions to not support him?) and then there is taking the piss out of your team.

Fred's backhanded comments to Renault in his second championship year, his second childhood throwing toys out the pram at McLaren, and now sticking two fingers up at Massa.

What a guy.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.