Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    AJ Allmendinger, Jeremy Mayfield, Mike Bliss, Ward Burton, Kenny Wallace and Chad Blount are still yet to make a race this year.

I don't have the statistics in front of me so I don't know about the others, but Ward qualified 30th at Daytona and 36th at California and went home both weeks. When there are over 50 cars attempting to make a race and a car qualifying that well (Oh I know it really isn't that well, but it is for them) goes home and thus loses any opportunity to ever get into the top 35, it's a sad statement about the sport. I say qualify 40 on time and then use the other 3 spots if needed for teams in the Top 20 in points that might have trouble for some reason. No more PC. No more Top 35 locked in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    NASCAR, after listening to the teams, decided to adopt an "all-exempt" rule similar to golf, tennis, or bowling. The top seven teams in qualifying make the field on Friday, plus the 35 (and one ex-champion if necessary) exempt teams. Exemption rules are in use in golf, tennis, and bowling, where there is a qualifying round where the top contenders in that tournament advance to compete against the exempt stars.
    An "all-exempt" rule is also used in racing. In Formula One is 100% exempt. You have to be part of the Concorde Agreement to be a part of their races. If you aren't part of the "club", you aren't allowed to show up and attempt one of their races.

The 24 Hours of Le Mans, arguably the greatest race in the world, is by invitation only. Didn't get an invitation, don't bother to show up.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.