Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I get off work at 8am tomorrow, I'll watch it for sure.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man, with the wet weather. I was hoping for a good race, alot of the more skilled drivers would have fun out there.

wheres mad max to tell the drivers to go race under any circumstances
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    man.. with nascar rained out...and 75% of sports fans no longer having a team left on there final4 brackets.... plus no tiger playing golf...

this series cant catch a break!
    so true Ken, lol

as far as the others saying "race in the rain", well that fact is that these cars can race in just the lightest of rain conditions. A few puddles build up in the corners here and there, and it's going to be long stretches of red flag. I'd rather them just put it off and get it in at once tomorrow.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It is a mess. NASCAR rained out, the NCAA's all messed up and the PGA Tigerless and they get this when they are supposed to be on ABC.

I am really stoked about this race and now I will be working and going to my course tomorrow and I WONT see a bit of it. I can tape it, but with the domestic goddess and one TV, god knows when I will able to squeeze it in the VCR and watch it unbothered....

The really good thing is tho, this series is stronger this year. Looking at that pretender/contender list, I realize now that as time goes on, and people start to see the names and get a feeling for them as people, there is going to be more of a storyline. As long as the Penske and Ganassi guys don't dominate the ovals like they did last year ( a faint hope I know) then this series has potential for a good points race. The road/street courses on the sched are providing some interesting story lines...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just got back from the track, down here on business and was hoping I could catch the race......no way they were racing. It was coming down hard from 2pm or so on. I mean hard.....the track looked like a swiming pool, standing water everywhere. And me leaving tonight.
    There is no substitute...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmach
    I just got back from the track, down here on business and was hoping I could catch the race......no way they were racing. It was coming down hard from 2pm or so on. I mean hard.....the track looked like a swiming pool, standing water everywhere. And me leaving tonight.
    That sucks....but rain just about killed most of the sporting events in the USA of note this weekend.

I would just miss the plane...lol I hear the race is at 9am or something like that, so you could in theory catch the afternoon flight....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've been in those Fla. downpowers and have never seen the streets flood that badly.
    Anybody know if the concrete barriers might be placed over the street drains.
    Airport runways do not normally flood but the only way for water to really flow past the barriers is where the loader forks go and that is not much room.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    I've been in those Fla. downpowers and have never seen the streets flood that badly.
    Anybody know if the concrete barriers might be placed over the street drains.
    Airport runways do not normally flood but the only way for water to really flow past the barriers is where the loader forks go and that is not much room.
    It is the issue with street races. It doesn't help that the crown of the road with the effect of the walls blocking catch basins means you have ponds of water with no place to go...
    In Toronto, they keep the storm drains exposed if not just welded down, so it helps...a little but not much.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So they did get the FF2000 and Lights races in. Anybody know how much the purses are for these races and how much the winners get?
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like they haven't fixed the problems with the live feed, still can only watch for 30 seconds before it crashes.

The individual cams seem to be better... if only Graham had one.