Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Little maths lesson for you:

Rosberg finished some 5 seconds in front of MS after 50 laps, so he was only 0.1 seconds a lap faster than a guy 17 years older than him who didn't race for 3 years and you want us to believe that MS didn't do great?
    What's 17 years of age and a 3 year break? These cars almost drive themselves, so that shouldn't even be a consideration!

Personally I'm not really sure MS can make a comeback that shows him 100% as strong as he has been in the past. But even if he comes back to 90% of the driver he used to be, his competition should be very, very worried.

I think if anyone is capable of it, he is the one.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Let's talk about Nico.

Schu has performed well in his comeback but I think (biased maybe) that Nico has performed very well - not just on the track, but the way he has composed himself since he found out who he was facing across the garage. No b!tching about having a 7 times WDC as a team mate, just hard work and dedicating himself to learning as much as he can from the master in regards to work ethic etc.

Schu will get better, probably soon, and Nico will have his hands full but I think the season could be the making of Rosberg. Fingers crossed
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'd say Piquet was in the prime of his career in 1991..
    Only joking, Schuey did have to compete against a triple WDC in his first season so nobody can take that away from him..
    I'd say his first two team mates were not there to back him up, he just plain beat them. PK, a tripple WDC, and Riccardo in '93 - a championship runner up and race winner.

Jos the Boss was the first driver as a designated number 2.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hopefully Michael now won't be like Nelson snr. before...
    Formula 1

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I don't think SchM will try to kick anyone for running off the track.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    I don't think SchM will try to kick anyone for running off the track.
    Could be fun tho....

Who would win in a kickfight between MS and Chandock?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Could be fun tho....

Who would win in a kickfight between MS and Chandock?
    Chandokan, of course. How dare you doubt it?
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Because at the beginning of his F1 career he didn't have to fight one to one against a WDC team mate?
    Guys try at least say something realistic when talking about him.
    ioan lets not get a thing called reality get in the way of your embellishment.

In 1991 MSC replaced Moreno for the last 5 GP's of the year driving alongside a 39 year old nelson Piquet 4+ years removed from his WDC in his last few races for the team knowing full well that he will be retiring from F1 ( as well as a contract squabble).

I hardly consider that as "a fight going one-on-one" with Nelson P. Because there really was no fight. They had 3 complete races together. one where his engine went halfway through the GP and the final race where he did not make it past 5 laps.

in 1992 the team was his. He was the clear #1, Flav was running things and he never had to worry about competition from his teammate for essentially his entire career.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I'd say Piquet was in the prime of his career in 1991..
    Only joking, Schuey did have to compete against a triple WDC in his first season so nobody can take that away from him..
    see above post

1992 was really his first season not 1991 as a replacement for the last 6 GP's of that year. Of course in spa he never made it past one lap and drove for Jordan so he was not competing against NP either.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because at the beginning of his F1 career he didn't have to fight one to one against a WDC team mate?
    Guys try at least say something realistic when talking about him.
    god please dont. did you just google that up or did you actually watch those races.

piquet was a former champion and almost 40 he was last champ in 1987. and the chin started racing in 1991. he had already stated that he was leaving.

so you try to refute the statemant that the chin never had a worthy teammate because he was teamed with a former champ for his last 3 races where the chin had nothing to lose?

how would that compare to the really greats of the sport who were scared of no one?

lauda, prost, senna, schekcter,mansell and rosberg were teammates between them and champions. and usually any combination of them had drivers on their prime.

in the modern times we have only seen equally matched teammates on a top team a few times. Villeneuve - Hill Alonso - Hamilton Kimi - Massa and Button - Barrichelo.

now after the brief essay please mention a top tier driver of their time to partner the chin.
    see what happens when schumacher doesnt get number 1 status and a lapdog as a teammate?