Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

indycar on uk tv

is it on any channel other than sky sports?
    2009 gp2 pick ems champ

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    dont think so

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For at least the last two years, Sky Sports have shown most races either live or recorded highlights and Channel 5 have shown highlights of all the races in the week after the race. However, I don't think Channel 5 is showing any highlights this year so if you haven't got Sky, I don't think you'll be watching IndyCar this year. Also, Sky's deal runs out at the end of this year and are yet to confirm a new deal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, Channel 5 culled all their American sports coverage so IndyCar went with that.

In a similar vein, full live coverage NASCAR was very surprisingly picked up by 'never-heard-of-it-and-broadcasts-nothing-else' Open Access 3 (Sky TV ch 190, free-to-air) this year following the end of their Sky deal, so I guess with IndyCar unfortunately also being a minority interest in the UK that could be a prospect for the future. (from what I'd heard, the Sky UK NASCAR coverage was only pulling in about 20,000 viewers so I would imagine was available on the cheap, ditto IndyCar)
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah its all good if you have $ky but too bad if you have virgin media... hope if it is ditched by sky next year its picked up by a channel on virgin!

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Have Sky got HD coverage of Indycar yet, or is it still NTSC coverted to PAL and knackered in the process? Just watched the 1st race in HD via the wonders of the net and it looked fantastic.