Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2011:BTCC vs WTCC

With the WTCC using super 2000 cars with 1.6 turbos and the BTCC running NGTC regs, which do you think will be the better series and which do you think will attract more factory teams?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish the blummin' pair of them would decide something in unison for a change.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    errr wasn't that S2000?
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    No. S2000 is what the FIA came up with once the BTCC had already gone with BTC-Touring. Most of the stupidity was the FIAs fault back then, but its a long story.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have to say this is all a bit of a mess. The BTCC and WTCC should realistically be using the same cars to maximise the chances of success for for series
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I think the best way is, like stated above, for them to use the same regulations. and those regs should be NGTC in my view, although id hope for the option for FWD or RWD with those regs (which could still happen in BTCC NGTC)
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    I think the best way is, like stated above, for them to use the same regulations. and those regs should be NGTC in my view, although id hope for the option for FWD or RWD with those regs (which could still happen in BTCC NGTC)
    Why BTCC NGTC? S2000/S1600T leaves the door open to a lot more cars.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I have to say this is all a bit of a mess. The BTCC and WTCC should realistically be using the same cars to maximise the chances of success for for series
    Agreed, infact I think all the major touring car series should be working together to make the sport stronger and more accessible for manufacturers to come in.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Agreed, infact I think all the major touring car series should be working together to make the sport stronger and more accessible for manufacturers to come in.
    That was the beauty of the "Supertouring" regulations, nearly every other championship adopted them and made it easier for manufacturers to run dual programs in other championships. I know Peugeot ran programs in the BTCC and the old DTM as did Nissan and GM (obviously competing in Germany under the Opel brand)

But now I would'nt be suprised to see the WTCC looking upon the BTCC more as a rival series rather than a feeder category
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    That was the beauty of the "Supertouring" regulations, nearly every other championship adopted them and made it easier for manufacturers to run dual programs in other championships. I know Peugeot ran programs in the BTCC and the old DTM as did Nissan and GM (obviously competing in Germany under the Opel brand)

But now I would'nt be suprised to see the WTCC looking upon the BTCC more as a rival series rather than a feeder category
    The supertourers were never in the DTM. You're thinking of the German Super Tourenwagen series