Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Campos Meta is now Hispania Racing

kudos to http://www.f1aldia.com/7666/campos-m...ia-racing.html

My quick translation attempt:

José Ramón Carabante, leader of the team known until now as Campos Meta has decided to rename the Spanish team to "Hispania Racing F1 Team", taking the name from his own business group "Grupo Hispania".
    Rumour has it that they will be in Bahrain with Bruno Senna and Karun Chandock as their main drivers, and work on facilities has intensified since the team buyout, two weeks ago.
    Jacky Eeckelaert has been apointed as technical director. The Belgian has experience in F1, having worked with Prost, Sauber and Honda, the latter being the team he left in 2008. He has worked with Colin Kolles in Audi last season.
    Somehow, Hispania Racing F1 Team will be present in Bahrein. The question now is in what conditions they will be there, with a car and two drivers that haven't run a single kilometer in preseason and above all, will those conditions put in risk the rest of the competitors?

Well...
    Last paragraph is pretty much a good conclusion IMO.
    On another hand: Spanish team with an Italian chassis constructor, Anglosaxon engine partner, Brazilian and Indian drivers and Japanese tyres? Yeah, whatever ¬¬'
    I'm not sure what's more Spanish: paella or Hispania Racing?

Let's wait and see. If by mid season they are 5 seconds off the pace I'd be happy.
    You blink, you miss it!

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Massive struggle for them....no testing so you'd expect them to be out a lot on Friday sessions. 5 seconds off would be a huge result...can see it being more like 7 evem in mid-season. Simply because there's not enough time to play catch up.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Massive struggle for them....no testing so you'd expect them to be out a lot on Friday sessions. 5 seconds off would be a huge result...can see it being more like 7 evem in mid-season. Simply because there's not enough time to play catch up.
    Just to arrive on the grid will be a huge boost to them so I should think they'd bit your arm off if you offered them 5-6 secs off as that would put them snapping at the heels of Virgin and Lotus.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would just make too much sense for the FIA to grant this "Spanish" team special permission to shakedown and test for a few days on one of the numerous Spanish tracks everyone else has been testing on, wouldn't it? Then again, if they WOULD have the sense to admit StefanGP to the grid, then maybe they WOULD have the sense to allow the 2 latecomers to test - they'd still be way behind the rest of the teams, and I think it would actually work in FAVOR of the other teams, because they have less of a roadblock hazard to go around once Hispania and StefanGP cars are to be lapped (i.e. maybe instead of lapping them 8 times, they'll only have to lap them 4 times!)

All that said, I am hoping for a striking yellow and red livery. Or would it be blue and red with yellow accents?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Just to arrive on the grid will be a huge boost to them so I should think they'd bit your arm off if you offered them 5-6 secs off as that would put them snapping at the heels of Virgin and Lotus.
    True, that is what we are all hoping to see from them, just to be on the grid after all their troubles over the winter will be an incredible achievement.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    It would just make too much sense for the FIA to grant this "Spanish" team special permission to shakedown and test for a few days on one of the numerous Spanish tracks everyone else has been testing on, wouldn't it? Then again, if they WOULD have the sense to admit StefanGP to the grid, then maybe they WOULD have the sense to allow the 2 latecomers to test - they'd still be way behind the rest of the teams, and I think it would actually work in FAVOR of the other teams, because they have less of a roadblock hazard to go around once Hispania and StefanGP cars are to be lapped (i.e. maybe instead of lapping them 8 times, they'll only have to lap them 4 times!)

All that said, I am hoping for a striking yellow and red livery. Or would it be blue and red with yellow accents?
    good points
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    ESPN reporting that the team will be launched on Thursday in the city of Murcia, its expected that not only will the new team's branding be revealed but also the Dallara-built car and the full driver lineup expected to be Senna and Chandhok.

http://en.espnf1.com/campos/motorsport/story/9978.html
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    well, they've done better than USF1, thats for sure!
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

New Teams

Best of luck to these two teams ,and I hope they both get to race in the first race of the season.I also feel SOME testing should be allowed,for the SAFETY of all concerned within the team,and the other competitors,so we dont have wings flying off etc.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulidor
    kudos to http://www.f1aldia.com/7666/campos-m...ia-racing.html

On another hand: Spanish team with an Italian chassis constructor, Anglosaxon engine partner, Brazilian and Indian drivers and Japanese tyres? Yeah, whatever ¬¬'
    I'm not sure what's more Spanish: paella or Hispania Racing?

Let's wait and see. If by mid season they are 5 seconds off the pace I'd be happy.
    Exactly my thoughts after reading the news... This is the Spanish way of doing things. Chaos, chaos and more chaos. Tough I´m happy they´re going to be on the grid and their future seems to be secured (for now), this team resembles too much the abortion el Pocero put on MotoGP last year, and it can end the same way. Let´s see how it goes...

A guy with A LOT of money, earned through (obscure) inmobiliary business decides to take a shot at top-level racing. Suddenly he realizes top level racing is the least profitable thing in the world if you are a backmarker, pulls the plug and that´s all. I´d hate to be right this time, but Hispania will have a nice look at Virgin and Lotus rear wings. In fact, they´ll be lloking at the for so long they´ll be able to draw them on a piece of paper with their eyes closed.
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, it´s ****ing freezing cold