Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CMR2 WRC Round 2 Mexico

The WRC event rotation system meant Mexico was absent from last year's calendar, but it returns in 2010 amid a year long fiesta to mark the 100th anniversary of the Mexican Revolution and the 200th anniversary of its independence.

The rally is a relative newcomer to the WRC calendar but has proved a popular addition since its debut in 2004, with a compact series of well-organised, high-speed gravel stages through the Sierra de Lobos and Sierra de Guanajuato mountains and the plains around the cities of Guanajuato, Leon and Silao.

The high-altitude stages make for spectacular viewing with a mixture of mountain peaks and flat open valleys. The altitude has downsides, though, as the engines struggle to breathe in the thin air and suffer a drop in power of about 20 per cent. The road surface is dry and sandy, but rocks can get on the road, so drivers have to balance high speeds with caution.

SINGLE RALLY MODE
    DAY 1:AUSTRALIA EXPERT
    DAY 2:AUSTRALIA INTERMEDIATE

SHAKEDOWN: AUSTRALIA SS4

TIMES DUE SUNDAY, MARCH 7 AT MIDNIGHT.

Good luck!

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tannat has completed shakedown

3 08 81
    3 09 71
    3 03 34
    3 00 75
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Shakedown:

Very surprised - in a good way - by tannat's times. I ran through them thinking I was very, very fast, but I'm 5 secs off your pace. Oh well. Mine were:
    3:08.44
    3:08.91
    3:05.60
    3:06.28

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Shakedown:

Very surprised - in a good way - by tannat's times. I ran through them thinking I was very, very fast, but I'm 5 secs off your pace. Oh well. Mine were:
    3:08.44
    3:08.91
    3:05.60
    3:06.28
    I'm +3 on suspension-where are you?

I'm +1 otherwise I find it wallows too much from side to side. I'll give it another go with +3 just to see what happens.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3:18.67
    3:16.52

Way off the pace here.. I need to practice!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm +1 otherwise I find it wallows too much from side to side. I'll give it another go with +3 just to see what happens.
    If you like post your sector times and I'll give you some some advice...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTLarsen
    3:18.67
    3:16.52

Way off the pace here.. I need to practice!
    If we have only three participating you are at least guaranteed a podium

I hope we get at least 5. If not I have a possible idea. Instead of the traditional rally format, we could do the timings slightly different so that iot is more fun if only 3 of us compete. That would be to classify by the number of stage wins, rather than overall time. It would make it more of a shootout, and may encourage people to come if they don't have to do every stage, but could just do half and hope to win all of them.

Just a potential idea - may be a bit odd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope we get at least 5. If not I have a possible idea. Instead of the traditional rally format, we could do the timings slightly different so that iot is more fun if only 3 of us compete. That would be to classify by the number of stage wins, rather than overall time. It would make it more of a shootout, and may encourage people to come if they don't have to do every stage, but could just do half and hope to win all of them.

Just a potential idea - may be a bit odd
    Hmmm.. lets see how things go. I'll give this some thought..

Thanks, PS..