Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    It was too much, Day 4 had over 10 minutes of recap about what had happened, some of which I was watching for the 4th time. Obviously it's important to inform people of what was going on, but not going into details like shots of road signs and repeats of the simulcam (which is so much better than that ****ty Virtual Specatator idea)
    The old Top Gear Rally Report approach, whereby each day's RAC programme just covered the action from that day, until the final day when a recap was provided, seemed eminently sensible.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was MonteCarlo PowerStage shown anywhere?
    Will it be shown in Sweden?

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky
    I'd say we don't need split times, IF ...
    ... the radio coverage is from all the stage ends.
    ... live stream of action (helicopter and onboards is enough)
    ... live tracking

Because all of those have actually been done, then I don't see any obstacles which could stop them from happening (if I exclude money).
    Live straming would be nice. And possible due to the the repeaterplane in the air !
    Live tracking, and splits are easy if they want to!

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    A couple of snapshots of the incar camera angles used in the Norwegian rally championship coverage:

I have a hunch it isn´t as easy to get good angles from a WRC car compared to the lower class cars, but surely the WRC can also produce better camera angles than those we have seen for the past decade or so. *counting on Eurosport*

Liked 77 Times in 41 Posts
    It looks like Eurosport is going to do Sweden - with Neil Cole! Deal is not signed yet.
    https://twitter.com/#!/neilcole

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Seems like there are some big problems regarding the Eurosport deal, according to some tweets. Peter Baert and Colin Clark saying things 'are very bad.'
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Nevermind the camera angles then, if the only things covering the events are radio and newspapers.

Liked 669 Times in 322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    Seems like there are some big problems regarding the Eurosport deal, according to some tweets. Peter Baert and Colin Clark saying things 'are very bad.'
    Oh dear FIA.

Stumbling blindly from one disaster to another.....

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    very bad for who? for themselves probably? CC is one of the reasons I dont listen WRR (the other is becs). some new faces are needed! WRC is not a comedy show, neither a place for british propaganda!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon
    very bad for who? for themselves probably? CC is one of the reasons I dont listen WRR (the other is becs). some new faces are needed! WRC is not a comedy show, neither a place for british propaganda!
    Well Becs is gone now.

This is all just a big mess and makes everybody involved look like a bunch of children. It will only be justified if the solution (which, eventually, I'm sure will be found) is so good everbody will understand it took a lot of time.
    Peter Baert is a Belgian doing racing and rally commentary on Dutch and Belgian Eurosport, so yes maybe it is bad for them (only).
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl