Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Reading Pitpass is no different to reading forums and posters' intentions for a forum war
    As opposed to just reading a certain person who is so up Jenson that Jenson wouldn't need to go to the doctor for a prostate exam or someone who mindlessly supports one team and says boo to another.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    As opposed to just reading a certain person who is so up Jenson that Jenson wouldn't need to go to the doctor for a prostate exam or someone who mindlessly supports one team and says boo to another.
    But you, I and pretty much the majority here are internet nobodies.

The guys who run Pitpass are supposedly journalists. They may write better than we do but their content is no different.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Whilst pitpass did obviously get it wrong I fear some people are missing the point here. Nick Fry is no longer on the board of directors.

As Milly says he's a lame duck CEO and all the big decisions will be made by others.

People criticise pitpass but how many other sites actually come out and actually properly criticise Bernie and Max in a direct and honest way? Your autosports and respected bloggers will never come out and say "person/team x has done this or has been accused of this" because they know that as soon as they go nosing around they'll get cutoff from the feed of information.

A lot of the so called opinion pieces these days are just lightweight and merely say what everyone is already thinking or what everyone already knows. Whilst that's better than press release regurgitation, it's still not that great

Do people really just want bland aggregators like the amazingly lame www.rallybuzz.com who seemingly post every press release that is sent to them?

Personally I'd rather have original thought and slightly off target journalism any day of the week!
    I have nothing against Pitpass on the whole, I just find mr.balfe repulsive for reasons I am not really interested in going into.
    You are absolutely right about autosport (and other leading mags and sites) having no balls.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    I have nothing against Pitpass on the whole, I just find mr.balfe repulsive for reasons I am not really interested in going into.
    You are absolutely right about autosport (and other leading mags and sites) having no balls.
    Fair comment I guess.

I just have little tolerance for the gutless journalism we so often see these days.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    Swings and roundabouts. Pitpass ironically don't actually have one, they don't travel to GPs and therefore don't have to panic that they'll suddenly find themselves stood outside the paddock with the card reader refusing to acknowledge their pretty but useless passes.

On the other hand that's no excuse for many of their reports ranging from unfounded speculation to outright bull - they seem to be under the impression that if they run enough stories then statistically some of them will be turn out to be true.

Strip away the comment pieces and the verbatim press releases and there's not much actual news on the site.
    you can't argue with results.