Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by willracefan
    tell me about it. thanks to gordon.
    oh wait that was 2002, sorry.
    That deal in the 2002 500 where Gordon dumped Harvick for the lead causing a 27 car pile up was not Gordon's fault, and even Harvick says so, now. Recently Kevin took responsibilty for that one (he was blocking big time) but the major contributing factor was that stupid yellow line rule. Jeff went down, got to the line and went no further. When Harvick blocked down Jeff was faced with 3 choices:

1) Lift, and go straight the back, and possibly even lose the draft (remember, that race was the return of the aero clean package and a smaller plate- if you lifted, you were done)

2) Pass on the apron and go to the back, since Nascar had never penalized the blocker up to that point (see 2001 Pepsi 400 and 2001 Winston 500)

3) Dump Harvick and move on

He chose option 3, much to our dismay, but Harvick has taken up for him since then
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great Mark? They Sucked!

Except for the go or go homers they were a practice session.
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They raced for money, starting position, and pit position.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fan
    Great Mark? They Sucked!

Except for the go or go homers they were a practice session.
    They didn't suck. Guys were trying to win them, I don't recall Happy Harvick working that hard to just practice. I think a few guys race them honestly because they know they are in the field and want to work on some stuff, but some try to win.

They were great entertainment if you didn't know that most of the field was in. I can amend how define that "Great" really. But to complain about them is just pointless. They are not points races, they are just for the ISC cash registers to ring in the year with a decent crowd. The drivers put on a show. It MEANS little, but it was a show. Both races were close and if they were the end of a 500 and that close, everyone would be saying how great the finish was......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    They didn't suck. Guys were trying to win them, I don't recall Happy Harvick working that hard to just practice. I think a few guys race them honestly because they know they are in the field and want to work on some stuff, but some try to win.

They were great entertainment if you didn't know that most of the field was in. I can amend how define that "Great" really. But to complain about them is just pointless. They are not points races, they are just for the ISC cash registers to ring in the year with a decent crowd. The drivers put on a show. It MEANS little, but it was a show. Both races were close and if they were the end of a 500 and that close, everyone would be saying how great the finish was......
    Well Said
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    They didn't suck.
    Yea they did
    "He had the talent to be a champion, if only he weren't so stubborn." Harry Hyde