Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Maybe Izod should have a say in what they want to see? They are the ones dishing out big bucks here trying to promote the series, let them have a say what they should get to work with.
    IZOD might like the Delta Wing and then the sound you would hear is half the people on this board knashing their teeth. I am open to the idea of an ugly car racing pretty cars. What I am against is the rules saying it has to be ONE car or another.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been living with this abomination for the past day. It isn't a racing car. The Turbine was bad ass either the 67 or especially the Lotus 56, 68 car. They were innovative and cool. This ... THING looks like a something froma bad Roger Corman film that David Carradine would drive. Who made the cool looking concept model that was shown around and was badged with HONDA? Not the ones already linked to but the one with the fatter, rounded sideboards. It was cool and seemed to be what both the Cooper and the Turbine were...EVOLUTIONS of great racing car designs not a .... joke.

Ugghhhhhh.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The ultra narrow front end, and 300hp formula - I'm sorry but both are an insult to the tradition of top level auto racing...

It's a bad joke.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hope it goes the same way as the falcon chassis from a few years back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be happier to see the re-introduction of the front engine roadster to Indycars than that lawn dart called the DeltaWing. What a sad day for Indy if that DeltaWing hits that track...

The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

This from Dallara makes the most sense - it's a substantial car, could handle some slight contact, and could handle a substantial powerplant with plenty of horsepower.

It's a no brainer...but looks like IndyCar is determined to shoot themselves in the foot by not containing this process properly...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who wants to volunteer to sit in the Grandstand when they test this thing? It looks like it might fly.
    The Bro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    I would be happier to see the re-introduction of the front engine roadster to Indycars than that lawn dart called the DeltaWing. What a sad day for Indy if that DeltaWing hits that track...

This is what I was kind of hoping would be tossed out there with a Roadster with 2010 technology...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenw_us

This from Dallara makes the most sense - it's a substantial car, could handle some slight contact, and could handle a substantial powerplant with plenty of horsepower.

It's a no brainer...but looks like IndyCar is determined to shoot themselves in the foot by not containing this process properly...
    It isn't Indycar shooting themselves in the foot, it is all the different manufacturers and engineers who are putting ideas out there and this is a good process.

Everyone is panicing like the Deltawing is a done deal. It isn't, and I still think that there is no way in Hell the IRL will ok that car without a lot of mods, a wider front track being the first. IF you look at the old Lee Dystrka "Pepsi Challenger", the idea of having the bulk of the side pods and downforce body behind the driver isn't new. I just would love to hear more on how Bowlby thinks this car will work because I aint buying it right now, but hey, I love the new thinking. I wont knock people for thinking outside the box. The Delta Wing just seems to belong in a model box....

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    From a simple safety standpoint I can't see the delta wing being a goer. Trying to remember your rear wheels are twice as wide as your fronts when going for a gap in the heat of battle sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

That said as a fan who has drifted away from US open wheelers I'm glad to see such new and original ideas - rather than the F1 rejects (cars not drivers) we have now. If they get this right a lot of old fans, like me, and new fans alike could be attracted to Indycars.
    All other opinions are wrong....